Chapter 6

Picture of Chilota above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

I hug the pillow tighter to my body.

God, this pillow is soft, so soft, I don't remember the pillow in my parents house being this soft, my mum hates soft pillows.

I open my eyes and stretch lazily before putting my feet on the floor, my feet sinks into the carpet, I look down, okay, the carpet at my house aren't this soft either, I clearly remember them being hard and purple and this is soft and white.

The memories of last night come flooding back, I look down at my body.

Why am I wearing a shirt and shorts?, where is my fine top and skirt?. I stand up from the bed and leave the room.

I look around the house from the top of the stairs. The house is huge, this Chilota must be loaded. I descend the spiral staircase gently and turn to an opened door that obviously leads to the kitchen.

Chilota is standing there, his back towards me, he's wearing a grey tank top and joggers, he's stirring something on the fire, it smells nice, smells like he's frying egg.

"Erm, Good morning sir." I say.

He turns around, a smile appearing on his face.

"Oh hi, you're awake."

"What time is it?."

"Around 11, you've been sleeping for a while."

I look down at my outfit. "Did you change me?."

"Oh no, my sister did, I couldn't let you sleep in those wet cloths, those are her cloths you're putting on, yours is drying."

"Oh." Is all I can say.

"Do you want to stay for breakfast?."

"Thanks but no." I shake my head even though I'm literally starving, It's just now that I realize I haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning and even then, I only ate two slices of bed and drank a cup of tea.

"Come on, it's just bread and eggs, then after that, I'll drop you home."

"Why didn't you just drop me off at my house yesterday?." I ask

"Because you were sleeping, I didn't want to wake you up, you seemed stressed."

"Oh."

"Yeah, so lemme just finish up with breakfast." He turns around again, his back to me, I watch for a while to admire the way his muscles flex as he moves his arms around.

"Thank you sir, for everything." I say making him turn around again. He flashes me that billion dollar smile.

"Call me Lota, Tunmise, no sir, just Lota."

"Okay si-Lota." I quickly correct myself.

"Good." He turns back to the eggs.

______________

"Are you okay?, You've been quiet all day and I didn't even hear from you during the weekend." Niyi asks as we both walk across the company compound to his car, mine is still at the mechanic's.

"I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me, I know you're not."

I stop walking to face him totally. "Niyi, Am I pretty?, be honest, rate me over 10, forget the fact that we are best friends. If you just met me somewhere for the first time and you're told to rate me, what would you say?."

"And you're sure you're okay?."

I sigh. "Just answer me."

"Okayy." He draws out, "I'll give you a ten over ten."