Chapter 10

Picture of Tunmise above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

I hum a song to myself as I tuck in the edges of Lota's bedspread, I don't even know why his bed is this scattered, asif a tornado passed through here.

I gasp when a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist from behind. Lota places a kiss on my neck.

"These shorts are going to make it hard for me to stay away from you, you're purposely torturing me." He whispers into my ear.

I laugh turning around to face him. "You were the ones who gave me these shorts."

"I didn't know they would be this...this..."

"This what?, Sexy?."

"Words cannot describe how those shorts look on you."

I let out a giggle as he presses his lips to mine, I pull away immediately when the kiss starts to get heated.

"You have an important meeting by 8am tomorrow, you have to get some sleep."

"Are you my mother?." He chuckles climbing into the bed.

"No, but I'm your girlfriend." I climb in beside him resting my head on his chest, he wraps his arm around me playing with my hair.

"Thank you for sleeping over tonight."

"You're welcome babe, but I don't understand something."

"What?."

"You live here alone, you're a bachelor, so why is your house so big, you have more than six bedrooms in this house, for who?."

"I'm going to get married one day and I'm going to have kids, so they are going to stay in the rooms."

"Oh, so you plan on having more than six kids?."

"How many kids do you plan on having?."

"I asked you first, Lota." I laugh.

"Okay, I don't really know how many kids I want to have, maybe four."

"I want three, a girl and two boys."

"How long have you and Niyi been best friends?."

"Years, I've known him almost all my life."

He's about to say something when my phone ringtone echoes through the room. I pick it up from the bedside drawer to see my mum's name on the screen.

"I have to pick this, it's my mum." I tell him.

"Okay."

I leave the room and press the recieve button before pressing the phone to my ear.

"Oluwatunmise, Le ni lo mo pe o ma gbe abi? (It's today you know you'll pick up, abi?)."

"Mum, it's not like that o."

"Ehen, so tell me how it is."

"I've been very busy." I lie, "I don't even have time for myself nowadays."

"But I called your father, you know that business trip he went for last week?."

"Yes ma."

No ma, I really don't know the business trip he went for but I can't say no, if I do, she'll start telling me the story of my life.

"Ehen, I called your father and he said he has been talking to you, that he even spoke to you three days ago, so Tunmise, you can pick your father's calls but you can't pick mine, abi beeko?."

"Mummy, no naw, these are two different situations here." I try to pacify her.

"Iwo omo yi (You this child), let's leave that one first, how is Tunji?."

"Mummy, who is Tunji?."

"Tunji, your boyfriend."

"Mummy, I don't have any boyfriend named Tunji o."

"Are you okay sha, Tunji Akinjobi, your boyfriend."

"Any man named Tunji Akinjobi calling himself my boyfriend shall fall down and die in Jesus name." I say.

"Ahan, Tunmise!."

"Ehn naw, me I don't have a boyfriend named Tunji, so any man named Tunji claiming to be my boyfriend shall fall down and die, it's thunder that will strike him to death."

"Oluwatunmise, lenu e? (From your mouth), infact ehn, I'm coming to your house tomorrow."

"Whose house are you coming to mummy?, Me I'm not in Lagos o." I lie, me I cannot come and allow this woman come and visit me, she'll naw start preaching and telling me unwanted gist. I love my mum but there's a limit to it naw, I'm not a child.

"So where are you?."

"Osun, I'm on a business trip with my boss."

"So why didn't you tell me?."

"Are you tracking me ni?, I thought I'm allowed to go wherever I want whenever I want."

"Tunmise, no matter how old you are, even if you are fifty years old, you can't talk to me that way, I'm your mother."

I sigh. "I'm so sorry mummy, I'm just frustrated, you're frustrating me."

"Me ke?, I just called to check on you."

I almost hiss. Check ko, check ni

Since she called, did she even ask 'how are you my daughter?' or 'My daughter, hope you're doing well?'.

"Whatever mummy, can I cut the call now, It's late and I want to sleep."

"Wait, how is your sister?, That one too has not been answering me, do you know where she is?."

"How am I supposed to know?, Am I her babysitter?, Mummy leave this girl alone naw, she's twenty, she's not a child."

"I want to see you immediately you get back from Osun."

"Okay ma." See this woman, you'll wait there, I'm not coming back from Osun anytime soon.

"Goodnight, ko sun re (Sleep well)."

"And you too, mummy."

She cuts the call and I take in a deep breath plastering a smile on my face before turning around, I'm surprised to see Lota leaning on the door.

"Erm, is everything okay?." I ask him.

"I should be asking you that."

I let out an uneasy laugh. "Why?."

"You seemed like you were having an argument with your mum."

"It's nothing, she was just being...mum."

He laughs. "I get that sometimes, my mum can be annoying."

"She can't be as bad as my mum."

"Oh trust me, she is." He nods, "Are you ready to go to bed?."

"Oh, yeah."

"Great." He takes my hand in his and leads me inside the room.

•••••
Don't forget to vote and comment guys!!!!

Till next time...

Byeeeeeee ❤️❤️