Chapter 17

Picture of Tunmise's dress above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

"Babe, we're going to be late." Lota comes out of the bathroom brushing his hair. He's already dressed in a simple Ankara attire.

I repeat the same thing I've been saying for the past thirty minutes. "I'm almost done."

"You're done, you look beautiful."

I look down at my dressing. A simple maroon off the shoulder high low dress, a black clutch and heels. I had put on really light makeup but I really don't feel beautiful.

"Should I tie my hair or leave it down?."

"Your hair looks perfect anyhow."

"Are you sure I look beautiful?."

He takes quick strides towards me. His arms wrap around my waist pulling me into him. "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever met." He makes to kiss me but I place my hands on his chest stopping him.

"You're going to ruin my lipstick." I inform him loosening myself from his grasp. I'm really scared.

Meeting his parents is a really big step in our relationship and I have to make a good impression to make them really like me and accept me as their son's girlfriend. This is my first time of doing this cause I never did this with any of my exes.

But this, this is different. I wasn't really in love in any of my previous relationships, I just really liked them. But I love Lota and his parents opinion matter in our relationship. I'm pretty sure he won't want to be with a girl his parents don't approve of.

You might think I'm overthinking it but I don't think I'm ready to let Lota go. Not now. Not ever. He has shown me what it means to love someone, he makes me happy, so happy and that is something I've always wished for, he treats me like a queen.

His queen.

He has never once made me question my trust in him and he trusts me, that is the foundation of our relationship.

"Babe, trust me, okay?, I said you look beautiful, my parents are going to love you. Can we go now, please?."

Trust, he's asking me to trust him, and I do so I nod.

He takes my left hand in his and kisses it spreading warmth through my body before leading me out of the room.

__________

"Just take a deep breath okay, my parents don't bite." He chuckles getting down from the car.

He walks to the passenger door and opens the door for me helping me out. I look around the compound. It's massive, and the house itself?, Let me not even go there, it shows his parents are loaded. There's a fleet of cars each parked under a shade, maybe ten or more and Lota parks his car next to them.

He takes my hand in his leading me to the flower-lined path to the front door, there's a 'Welcome' mat decorating the porch.

"Mum!, Dad!." He yells.

Okay, the interior is better than I thought. The house is beautiful. The floors are marble-tiled, the sofas are white and are arranged to form a circle. In the middle of the chairs is a little white rug and on it is placed a glass center table with a vase filled with sunflowers.

Lota once told me those are his favourite flowers.

The walls are painted cream and there's a spiral staircase with gold baristers at the end of the living room which obviously leads to the bedrooms. A glass chandelier hangs from the middle of the living room.

There are two doors opposite us, one, which I would later come to know leads to the dining room and the other, the kitchen.

"Lota." One of his sisters descends the staircase. I don't know which one though because even though I've known them for a while now, I'm still unable to tell the difference. She hugs him and he laughs letting go of my hand to hold her.

"I missed you."

"No, you didn't, you just saw me last week."

"Abeg shift." She laughs, "Because I managed to tell you something."

She turns to me. "Hey, you look stunning." She hugs me too.

"Thank you." I blush.

"Where is Dinma?." He asks about his other sister.

Okay, so this is Chioma then.

"Kitchen."

She then crosses the wide living room and enters the door at my right. I hear the sound of a metal hitting the floor before the door swings open.

Chidinma hugs me first. I laugh pulling away.

"See how you're glowing, girl, my brother is obviously treating you well." She then spins me around, "You're looking so beautiful."

I can't help it. I break into a grin.

"Wait, so it's only Tunmise you're seeing?, I'm invisible, right?." Lota says jokingly beside me.

"Abeg, I see you almost everytime." She shuts him up.

"Okay o, that's how you want to do it."

She ignores him. "There are a lot of things I want to-"

She's cut off by the sound of footsteps. I look towards the direction the footsteps are coming from. The staircase.

Mr and Mrs Atuegbu in all their glory descend the staircase. Lota's mum is wearing a gorgeous red flowing gown and on her head, an expensive looking weavon. His dad, who I haven't seen in a while is looking younger and fresher. Lota is an exact replica of him.

Money really works wonders.

"Welcome home, my son." She smiles at him. She's beautiful and she's ageing so well. Oma and Dinma are younger versions of her.

He bows as an act of courtesy. "Good evening, mum."

She embraces him in a motherly hug, it's obvious she has missed him.

His dad pats his back before hugging him too.

I'm left standing there awkwardly until Lota threads his fingers through mine and pushes me forward gently.

"Mum, dad. My girlfriend, Tunmise." He announces.

•••••
What do you guys think about this chapter?.

Do you think Lota's parents are going to accept Tunmise or not?. Leave your comments below guys.

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

Till next time!