Chapter 4

Picture of Tunmise above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

I sit comfortably in front of my dressing mirror as I finish up my makeup. I pick up the mascara bottle and make to apply some on my eyelashes.

"Tunmise!." My mum's voice echoes through the house startling me and making me drop the mascara brush I'm holding, it falls onto my white skirt which I'm wearing leaving a long black line.

Great. Just great.

"Tunmise." She enters my room.

"Mummy, what is it?, Did you have to shout from downstairs?."

"Don't start with your interrogation this morning, I need you to help me do something."

I stand up walking to my bags on the floor, I open one of them. "What do you want, mummy?."

"I need you to help me open an Intadem account."

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What is that?, Abi is it one of those social media for old people?."

"What are you saying?, Am I old?."

I snort as I pull down my skirt and slip on a clean one. "You have a twenty six year old daughter and a twenty year old one, you're not old o, you're a youth, mummy, you're even a teenager."

"I don't have your time this morning, just help me open this Intadem account."

"Mummy, I said I don't know what Intadem is."

"That app naw, that your sister is always complaining that she just has two million followers, that place that she met that useless boy that was on dreads that came to the house."

My eyes widen in realization, this woman will not kill me o, I burst out laughing, I can't help it.

"Mummy, it's Instagram, Instagram not Intadem, they sound nothing alike, Intadem is not even a thing."

"Keep laughing, owo mi lo sa pa onyibo e (It was sha my money that moulded your English)."

"What do you need an Instagram account for?."

"To advertise my lace products naw, I want to be posting them there."

"But I already do that on my own Instagram account, likewise Semilore, and it has already brought it in a lot of customers."

"I know but I want to do it myself."

"Fine, but me I cannot do it now o, I'm going out." I slip on my pair of heels.

"Going to where?, I thought it's Saturday, abi have you started working on Saturdays?."

"I need to see Tunji." I say a smile on my face.

We've been dating officially for about a month now, I haven't seen him in a week because he went on a business trip, he just got back yesterday and we spoke on the phone throughout the night, I didn't tell him I was coming over though, I want to surprise him.

"See how you're smiling." She drags my cheeks, "Shebi I told you he's a good man."

"He's a really good man."

"Don't stay out late sha."

"You can't tell me to not stay out late mum, that I came to spend time with you doesn't mean you can tell me what to do."

"See this girl o." She laughs.

"I'm not a girl, I'm a full grown woman." I gesture at myself.

"You'll always be my baby, even when you have your own children."

Have I mentioned that I'm never coming to spend the weekend with this woman again?.

"Be careful o, so gbo? (Do you hear?)."

"Yes ma." I roll my eyes, I grab my car keys and purse and head outside, I enter my car and put the key in turning it, the car makes a weird noise, I huff and turn it again, same weird nose.

I mentally groan, why did this car choose to pull this kind of stunt today?, And Daddy wanted to buy me a new car o, I was telling him no, that I'm an independent woman and I want to buy a new car with my own money and I obviously don't even have enough money to buy a new car, see what being independent has caused me, will I now carry myself with this my fine cloth and enter taxi?.

Oh, I have another option. I enter back into the house.

"Tunmise, so gbabe nkan ni (Did you forget something?)." My mum asks.

"Not really, mum please I need the keys to one of the cars, my car has refused to start.

"Ah, today is not your lucky day o, your dad called his mechanic, he's with the keys to all the cars."

"Why?."

"I think he said they needed servicing or something?."

"So how am I meant to get to Tunji's house?."

"I thought there's something called okada and keke, you can even use Uber."

"Mummy, see how fine I look, I'll naw carry myself and enter keke and the likes."

She eyes me badly. "You're not ready to go out today, something is wrong with you."

I almost hiss but stop myself before a slap lands on my fine face. I order an Uber reluctantly and it arrives in about twenty minutes. When we arrive at Tunji's house, I get down and pay the man, he drives off, I check my time, it's almost 3pm, I enter the house surprised at how the gate is just open and the gateman is not even at his post.

All this useless gatemen, asif you're not paying them to guard your house, so if I was an armed robber now, I'll just have free entrance to enter.

When I enter the house, I look around and see a red purse on the glass center table and a pair of heels on the marble tiled floor...those are definitely not mine, maybe his sister's, that his younger sister that I despise, the house is quiet and I'm sure he's at home because when I texted him this morning to ask if he'll be busy today, he said no, that he'll be home all day.

I ascend the stairs, I'm almost at the top when I hear strange noises...is that?, No it can't be, maybe he's watching the TV that is in his room.

With a smile on my face, I swing open the door, my smile fades when I behold the sight in front of me.

It can't be...

•••••
What do you guys think she saw behind the door???...I wasn't meant to end it here o but I realized that the chapter was getting too long so I divided it into two chapters.

This Tunmise's mum is funny, which one is Intadem😂😂😂.

Don't forget to vote and comment, tell me what you guys think...

Till next time... byeeeeeee ❤️❤️