Chapter 23

Lota

"I messed up." I groan burying my face in my hands.

"You think?."

"She's not going to want to get back together, will she?."

"You called her a prostitute."

"You're not helping." I narrow my eyes at Jess.

"Sorry." She raises her hand up in surrender, "Just saying. No woman would love to be called a prostitute by her own man."

"I didn't mean to, okay?." I say honestly, "It just came out."

"Have you tried calling her?."

"I can't."

"Why?."

"She smashed her phone at the restaurant last week."

"Well, you had better look for a way to talk to her, go to her house or something or wait till Monday since she works for you. I like that girl and I won't let you lose her because of your stupidity." She says bluntly.

"You only met her once."

"Yes and I already love her. That's saying something."

"I've already gone to her house, she slammed the door in my face and she didn't show up at work all through last week, I didn't want to ask Niyi if she was okay." I shrug.

I can't believe I said that to Tunmise. I let my jealousy get the best of me. I knew very well that she was a virgin and I accused her of cheating. Tunmise wasn't like any other girl I had dated in the past, she was different. Most of the girls I dated had jumped into bed with me the first week of our relationship but nine months into a relationship and Tunmise wasn't even ready. I guess she would never be cause I really think she's waiting till marriage or something.

She's my queen, my future wife. That is why my parents liking her was so important because I know that one day, I'm going to get down on one knee and ask her to spent the rest of her life with me and I couldn't do that without both of our parent's blessings.

I love every single thing about her. I love her beauty, her laughter, the way her eyes sparkle whenever she's talking about something she loves. Niyi has been with her all her life like she said, why couldn't he just allow me enjoy my own girlfriend?. I know I shouldn't have reacted the way I did and I certainly shouldn't have called her a prostitute (which I definitely didn't mean). I can't afford to lose her, she means the world to me but apologizing to her has proved difficult because with her phone gone, I didn't know anyone else to call except for Niyi.

"So no friends or family members?."

"Her only friend who I really know is Niyi and I don't think I can call him and ask for her number cause if I do, he might want to know what happened between us and I can't really tell him that." I explain.

"So you have no way of talking to her?."

An idea suddenly pops in my head. "Except..." I trail off.

"Except what?." Jessica raises her eyebrows expectantly.

I bring out my phone searching for her sister's Instagram page. It's not even hard to find. I know this has a slim chance of working out since she's a celeb and all and might not even reply her DMs.

I send her a quick 'hi' and 'I need your help' before putting down my phone.

God, I really hope this works.

Semilore

"Can we take some time out, please?." My manager calls out noticing my fatigue.

I walk away from the camera crew, settling down on a comfortable chair in the air-conditioned room. I've been taking pictures since morning, not that I'm complaining because I love this but juggling being a model and a student isn't that easy. I'm just happy I have no classes today.

My manager, Mrs Johnson, a woman who's in her early-thirties walks over to me and hands me a bottle of water. She has been my manager since I started modelling which was when I turned eighteen.

"I think we need to retouch your make-up." She hands me a cold bottle of water.

"Oh, it doesn't look nice anymore?."

"You look fantastic but you're modelling for a make-up company, you have to look perfect."

Apart from being one of the models for St Ives, I also model for some other companies, Mrs Johnson was responsible for booking them and making sure none of my shoots clashed.

"Do I have another shoot after this?."

"Yes. Nike called, they want you to advertise their shoes and their clothes and I filled them in for 4pm."

"Mrs Johnson." I sigh, "Can you please cancel the appointment?. I really need some sleep." I plead.

"No I can't, don't you know modelling for Nike would make you one of the top models in the state?. I know what's best for you. Trust me." She says.

"Fine, can I have my phone, please?." She places my phone in my hands.

"Lemme go call the make-up artist to retouch your make-up." She leaves.

I unlock my phone seeing different notifications flood my phone, as usual. I go to Instagram scrolling through pictures and trying to respond to some of my DMs. I try my best to respond to DMs if I have the time.

One particular message catches my eye and I open it in a haste. It's from Lota and judging from the pictures on his page, he's definitely the same guy that Tunmi showed me."

It's quite a simple message:

Hi, I need your help.

Just as I'm about to reply, the make-up artists appear in front of me with Mrs Johnson, she collects the phone from me. "I think I'll be taking that back."

I groan internally, at this rate, I'm not going to reply Lota's message till next month.

••••••
Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

Till next time!