Chapter 8

Picture of Chilota above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

"These are the files you asked for." I tell Lota as I drop the stack of paperwork on his table.

He doesn't reply me, his eyes fixed on his laptop as he types away furiously.

"Are you okay?." I ask him cautiously.

It's been two whole weeks since that kiss and during these past two weeks, we've been doing a lot of talking...and kissing.

And then just this week, on Sunday to be exact, he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes, I really like him but I'm still a bit skeptical, I don't want what happened with Tunji to repeat itself.

"Lota?, Are you okay?." I ask again after waiting for almost a minute with no answer.

"Lota?." I place my hand on his arm.

He raises his head up slowly to look at me. "Can't you get when someone wants to be left alone?." He snaps making me flinch. I remove my hand from his arm quickly.

"I'm sorry, I was just-"

"Just what?." He cuts me off, "Common sense should tell you I wasn't in the mood."

"I didn't know okay?, I just felt you-"

"Get out." He cuts me off again.

"What?."

"Are you deaf or something?, Get out Tunmise." He orders.

"Oh, so you're telling me to get out cause I chose to care about you?, You seemed upset and I just wanted to know if I could help, I'm sorry, next time I see you upset about something, I won't even bother asking." I tell him before slamming the door shut behind me.

___________

"Why did you leave work like that without telling me?." Niyi asks from over the phone.

"Ahan, I didn't know I had to seek permission from you before I go to my house."

I can literally feel him rolling his eyes at me. "You know what I mean. Immediately it was closing time, you just stood up and left, like you were mad about something."

"Niyi, you're actually disturbing me, I'm trying to make Spaghetti here." I tell him as I open the Spaghetti nylon.

He sighs. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong with you or not?."

"Fine...it's Lota, he yelled at me at work today."

"I don't understand."

"He asked for some files so I went to give them to him, but when I got there, he seemed upset about something and I tried asking him if he was okay, he just snapped at me, I was so mad, because I chose to care about him."

"Maybe he had a really bad day."

"So?, That's why he should pour his anger on me baa?."

"Come on, I'm sure he's going to call to apologize anytime from now."

"I don't want his apology."

"So what?, You're just going to dump him one week into your relationship?, He's a man, he might not have meant to snap at you, it might have been a mistake."

"Niyi." I call, "Whose side are you on here?, Your best friend or your boss?."

"I'm on your side of course, I'm just saying."

I open my mouth to tell him to just let me be but I'm stopped by the doorbell ringing.

I mentally groan, I hope it's not my mother cause I've been ignoring her calls since.

"We'll talk later, someone is at the door." I tell Niyi.

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too." I hang up.

I walk slowly to the door purposely dragging my feet on the floor and praying it's not my mother, when I open the door, I don't expect to see Lota standing there with a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a shopping bag in another. His suit jacket is gone and he's just in his white shirt and suit trousers.

I hiss loudly slamming the door shut but he slips in before I can complete the process.

"Get out of my house, Lota."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for snapping at you like that, I was wrong, I know, and I'm really sorry." He pleads, my heart softens against my will, he looks so sad and vulnerable.

"Why were you upset?, What made you so mad that you reacted like that?."

"You remember that contract with the toothpaste company, that we were meant to advertise their product."

"Yup, the one involving millions of naira." I nod.

"We lost it."

"What?, How?."

"I don't know how it happened honestly, they said something about giving it to another company, my dad was so angry, he yelled at me and it made me so mad, he said I'm the head of the company and I'm meant to be responsible for things like that." He sighs.

Yeah, Mr Atuegbu, his father, was a very good man but even at that, he didn't joke with his company, never, he made sure every single thing always went as planned. This contract would have given us a lot of money, if we hadn't lost it.

"I'm so sorry."

"Nah, it's not your fault. I'm sorry for lashing out on you like that, I was just so angry and you came in at that moment."

"I'm your girlfriend, Lota, you talk to me if you're upset not snap at me."

"I know and I'm sorry, it won't happen again, I promise."

"It's fine." I smile.

"Here, I stopped by the mall on my way here." He hands me the shopping bag and bouquet.

I look into the bag, it contains a light blue Prada purse, I wrap my arms around his torso hugging him.

"Awwwn, thank you, I love it."

"I knew you would." He kisses the top of my head.

"Are you hungry?, I'm making Spaghetti." I look up at him my arms still around his torso.

"I can't stay to eat, I have a lot of things to do at the office."

"Really?." I pout.

"Yes babe, I'll make it up to you, promise."

"Fine." I sigh.

"Don't be like that." He places a light kiss on my lips, "I'll call you, okay?."

"Okay." I give a small smile.

He leaves soon after and I return to my Spaghetti which is already half burnt.

•••••
Don't forget to vote and comment guys!!!!

Till next time

I love y'all so much ❤️❤️

Byeeeeeeeeee