Epilogue

Lota

The voices of my Princesses resonate round the room as I step into the house.

Coming home to meet them everyday is surely a blessing.

"Daddy!." Elsie squeals on seeing me. She jumps down from the kitchen counter and runs towards me. I scoop her into my arms placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Hey, Princess."

"Did you get the icecream, daddy?." She asks.

I reply her by pushing the cold stone bag containing a cup of ice cream into her hand.

She jumps down and is about to run off when Tunmise stops her.

"Aren't you going to tell daddy anything?, baby."

"Thank you, daddy." Elsie smiled before running off to the living room.

"Hey." I approach my wife wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her.

"Hi." She wraps her arm around my neck.

Tunmise and I have been married for about four years now, we got married a year after I proposed to her.

She got pregnant months after, but had a miscarriage, Elsie was her second pregnancy and our first child.

She's currently five weeks pregnant with our second child, we are not planning on telling our family members anytime soon, maybe until she's about five months gone.

"I really hope you didn't stress yourself today."

"Your daughter stressed me." She says and I know she's just joking because of the playful smile playing at her lips.

"Really?, She takes after you then." I play along.

"Oh, shut up." She bursts out laughing.

"Are we still going for that dinner at your parents?."

"Of course, my mum will kill us both if we don't come." She goes back to the things she was attending to.

I watch her move around. Even after eight years of being together, she still manages to turn me on with everything she does.

"Do you think my mum will notice I'm pregnant?." She asks me.

"Do you want her to?."

"No, we planned to wait for some time before telling our family."

"Then she won't notice babe, your tummy is still as flat as ever. Why don't you even want her to know?."

I have no problem in telling our family we were pregnant so early. Tunmise is the one who doesn't want to and I have to support whatever she wants to do.

"Because, when we first got pregnant, we told her immediately, then we lost it at eight weeks, and we had to tell her that. Don't you think if I lose this one too then she's going to start to get worried?. Your mother is going to think that something is wrong with me and I'm unable to carry a child in my womb."

"Nobody is going to think that anything is wrong with you because we have Elsie and she is two years old already. This baby you're carrying." I place my hand on her belly, "Is here to stay. I assure you."

She sighs. "I can't wait to get through the first trimester, then I'll be rest assured then."

"You worry too much." I rub her forehead gently trying to get rid of the lines that have appeared up there.

"I think we have to start getting ready to go, we can't be late for the dinner." She leaves the kitchen and I can hear her calling Elsie to come over.

____________

"Mum, this food is really good o." Semilore says taking another spoon of rice.

"Ahan, don't you trust me again?. My food does not disappoint."

"True, maami." She laughs.

"Lota and Andrew." She calls out to me and Semilore's husband.

And yes, I said husband because she got married early last year. It was a beautiful wedding.

"Thank you for taking care of my daughters. See how they're just glowing." She smiles.

"It's nothing, mum, your daughter is an amazing woman." I tell her making Tunmise smile at me. It's like she gets more beautiful each day.

"And Semilore is perfect. She's lucky to have been raised by such an amazing mother." Andrew says.

Tunmise's dad isn't around though, he's out of the country on another business trip. That man doesn't know he's old now.

Elsie slept off in the car on our way here and hasn't woken up since then. We put her to sleep upstairs in Tunmise's old room.

I see Semilore and Andrew exchange knowing looks before Semilore speaks.

"Mum, Lota, Sis. Andrew and I have some exciting news for you guys."

"Okay, we're listening." Tunmise says.

"We're pregnant." Andrew says.

It's asif we're all trying to process the news cause we're all quiet for sometime before Tunmise's mum stands up and begins to sing songs of praises and dance.

"My God!." Tunmise exclaims getting up to hug her sister.

I exchange a handshake with Andrew patting him on his back.

"How many weeks gone?." Tunmise asks her sister.

"14." She smiles. she seems so excited, "That's why I wore this boubou. I didn't want you guys to notice before we had the chance to tell."

It's then I notice the flowing blue boubou she has on, it does well to hide her stomach.

"Congratulations, sis." Tunmise hugs her.

"Thank you."

Well, it seems like our second child and Semilore's first child are going to be close in age.

••••••
And it's a wrap guys...

Another completed book...

It couldn't have been possible without God Almighty and You guys.

I love you guys so much ❤️❤️

Thank you.