Chapter 3

Picture of Niyi above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

"I called you severally yesterday night, you didn't pick up." Niyi asks typing on his laptop.

"Sorry jare. I was out with my boo." I smile as I remember the events with Tunji last night. That man is...

Niyi looks up laughing. "Aunty, I thought you said you were done with men."

"Abeg leave that one." I laugh, "If you see Tunji ehn."

"Oh, is it not that guy mum introduced you to at Kamsi's wedding?."

"Yes o."

"After all your forming?." He bursts out laughing.

"Abegi, that guy is the one, I can feel it."

"O da (it's good)." He laughs again.

I'm about to say something when Tracy walks in through the door. She's one of the head of departments in this company. We are kinda friends, she's a very nice person, it's just that her amebo is too much and she has a big mouth.

"Erm, Tunmise, I know you have fashion sense, abeg does this my pink shirt match my skin tone?." She adjusts the pink shirt she's wearing.

"Do you have a date after work?." I raise an eyebrow.

"Noo, for where?, Haven't you heard?."

"I knew you'd have something to say, heard what?, Enlighten us." Niyi chuckles.

"The new MD is coming today, I need to look peng, I'll welcome him well so he'll notice me, he can't resist all these." She pushes her breasts up.

"Umm, what if the MD is a woman or better still, an old man?." I ask her.

"You're talking asif you've not been working in this company since. We all know that it's the only son of the former MD, Mr Atuegbu that is going to become the new MD, it's just that none of us have even seen him before since he was abroad, so guess what I did." She says proudly.

"Madam, what did you do?."

"I went to research on him, his name is Chilota Atuegbu and he's handsome, dark, tall, single and obviously rich."

Wow, now I know why I've not been able to find a good man all this years. It's because all the fine men went to study abroad and they left the frogs here in Nigeria for me.

"Nawa for you." I laugh shaking my head.

She opens her mouth to say something but one of our co-workers, Nkechi walks in.

"The boss is here." She says, "He wants to have a meeting with all of us in the board room now."

"It's show time." Tracy pushes her breasts up again. The button of that her shirt will soon remove.

We all leave the office to the board room, I can't wait to see the new boss.

______________

"-So on that note, I'll like to thank each and every one of you for having me, I'm sure we'll work well together, I hope to take this company to greater heights even more than my father has done, thank you once again." He finishes.

We all stand up clapping. Honestly, I didn't even hear half of what he said because I was busy ogling him.

Tracy was right. So right. The man is...

I can't even describe him, he's too handsome for description, even the muscles, omo, the blue suit he wore did nothing in hiding them, and he had this accent, probably from staying so long abroad, the guy is too fine.

'You have someone, you're seeing Tunji, remember?." My subconscious says.

I shake my head. It's true, Tunmise, stop thinking about the man like that, he's just your boss, you'll have-

"Aunty, are you coming?." Niyi gives me a look breaking me from my train of thoughts.

"To?."

"The meeting is over, it has been over for minutes now, and you've been standing there looking like the statue of liberty."

"Oh, I zoned out, don't mind me."

"What were you thinking about?, Your 'boo?'." He puts the last word in quotations

Yeah, let's just go with that...

____________

"Ah, omo mi, kaabo (My child, welcome)." My mum hugs me as I place my bags on the carpeted floor.

"You finally succeeded in getting me to come stay with you." I roll my eyes.

"Yes o, do you want me to die in this house alone, your father is never at home and your sister is forming big girl for me, she has refused to come home from that University."

"So it's now me you want to chain down?, I'm only spending the weekend o, before you'll goan think another thing." I inform her as I carry my bag heading for the stairs.

"The weekend is more than enough for me, when you drop your bag in your room, come and help me in the kitchen o."

I stop in my tracks.

Did she just...

She didn't just say that, help who?...

"Mummy ahan, am I not your guest?, Which one is kitchen again?."

"So I should naw cook for you and bring it to your room, Pele o, Madam. Before I open my eyes and close it better goan change then come and help me."

I groan internally. I'm never coming to spend time with my mum again.

•••••
What do you guys think of this chapter????.

Blow up my comments guys!!!! 😂

Don't forget to vote...vote, comment and share!!!!

Till next time!!!!

Byeeeeeee❤️