Chapter 7

Picture of Tunmise above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

"Madam, dem talk say make I give you when you come." My gateman, Musa says handing me a shopping bag.

"Who are the dem?."

"A man, he wear suit, he talk say make you look inside the bag, say something dey there for you." He says in broken English.

"Oh okay, thanks." I smile at him before walking into the house with the bag, I head upstairs exhausted and collapse on my bed. I sigh before dipping my hand in the bag, I bring out a simple red cocktail dress, gold stilletos and a gold clutch, there's a note present in the bag, I bring it out, it reads:

Wear this, we're going out for dinner, I'm picking you up by 7.

Lota.

Okay seriously, he didn't even say please or something, it's like he's ordering me. What if I don't want to go out for dinner with him?.

I pick up my phone and dial his number, yes, I have his number because it's been more than three months since that unfortunate Saturday, we've gone out for lunch million of times, we've gone to the movies together once, we've even gone to the beach, but totally as friends, nothing more, I've gotten to know more about him, he's the only son and he has two younger sisters, twins, they are about twenty-three. They are identical.

He's a nice guy, really nice guy but I'm not going to jump into conclusions just yet because that was the same thing that happened with Tunji and look at what he did to me.

Lota picks up on the second ring.

"Hey." I say.

"You got my gift?."

"Yes, I got your gift and your note too."

"Good, so you like the dress then?."

"Lota, you can't just buy me a dress and then order me to go out for dinner with you." And yes, I've gotten used to calling him Lota, even at work.

"Umm, so what am I supposed to do then?."

"You ask me okay?, What if I had plans?."

"But you don't have plans, do you?."

"I don't but what if I did?."

"Tunmise, I knew you didn't have plans, that is why I asked you out for dinner tonight, oh come on, I've known you for three months, I know you're always free on Fridays and last time I checked, today is Friday."

"I'm not always free on Fridays."

"But you're free today, aren't you?."

I scoff rolling my eyes. "How did you even know my size?."

"I guessed you'd be the same size as my sisters, so I just bought exactly their size."

"But what-"

"I have to go now, okay?." He cuts me off, "See you at 7."

He doesn't even wait for me to reply before hanging up.

So annoying.

____________

I check the time on my phone, it reads 6:59pm. Lota should be here by now.

He was write when he said I'll be the same size as his sisters, the dress fits perfectly, the gold heels goes well with the dress and the clutch looks so expensive, I had put on very light makeup and my black weavon fell in waves down my back.