Chapter 21

Tunmise

I step out of the bathroom wrapping the towel tight around me. I was sure Lota was home because I heard the door open and close while I was in the bathroom. I'm about to put some clothes on when my eye catches something placed on the bed. It's a shopping bag and when I look inside, I see a gown and a note. I take out the note, there's something neatly written on it:
Be ready in thirty minutes. I'll be waiting for you in the car

Lota.

A smile appears on my face. I had thought he had forgotten about the dinner since he didn't come back home after leaving in the morning and wasn't picking up. But this shows he's no longer upset, right?.

I slip on the maroon dress, it's my exact size, the top dips so low exposing the sides of my breasts. It's a bit revealing with thin straps that exposes majority of my back, the dress falls shorter at the front exposing my knees and the skin just above. I'm happy that I shaved just yesterday if not, it would have been a total disaster.

 I'm happy that I shaved just yesterday if not, it would have been a total disaster

Picture of Tunmise's dress❤️

I quickly put on light make-up before packing my hair up in a ponytail and doing my edges. I slip on my gold heels and grab my purse before heading downstairs.

Lota is sitted in the driver's seat when I slip into the car.

"Hey."

"Hey." He says back.

"I thought you were upset."

"I was upset." He emphasizes the 'was'.

I open my mouth to say something but he turns the key starting up the engine cutting me off.

An uncomfortable silence exists between us throughout the drive to the restaurant. When he finally stops the car in the restaurant's parking lot. I scramble to get down not wanting to spend another minute in the car.

He locks up before placing his hand on the small of my exposed back leading me inside. The woman at the counter who looks in her mid-twenties greets us with a smile on her face.

"Reservation for Mr Atuegbu." Lota says.

She leads us to a table at a corner secluded from everyone. Lota pulls out the chair for me and I thank him before sitting down. A waitress comes and we make our order, the food arrives in a few minutes and we dig in. I stare at Lota throughout the meal trying to figure out what's wrong with him. He's never this quiet.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?." I ask him gently.

He takes a sip of his wine before opening his mouth to speak. "Have you and Niyi ever been involved romantically?."

My eyes widen. I'm at a loss of words. I open my mouth then close it back, the words refuse to come out.

"Go on, answer." He urges.