Chapter #36: Negotiations (2)

--- Empty Classroom ---

- "So..." Arlo said, and he took a little pause right after.

- "You're actually going to waste your only opportunity to do something significant for the school?" He asked.

- "I already said no, Arlo." Blyke answered.

- "If you're so confident you can restrain John, then as well you might have the chance to defeat him." He added.

- "Well..." Arlo said.

- "I guess that you're clearly lacking a strong motivation for doing something like this." He said, and sighing right after.

- "I don't blame you, you seem to be too comfortable with your current place I guess." He added.

- "It's okay." He said with a smile on his face while touching Blyke's shoulder.

- "Oh, did you also knew that John and Remi are now... a couple?" He mentioned with indifference.

After these words were spoken, Blyke's face changed.

- "What?! Don't say nonsense!" Blyke said while raising his voice.

- "Oh, but I'm not saying any nonsense, I have my sources." Arlo replied back.

- "They've seen them together very often." He added.

- "Well, they're friends of course, and they seem to work together towards the same goal, so it's natural." Blyke explained.

- "Sure, because when a boy and a girl spend willingly too much time together, nothing is bound to happen." Arlo said sarcastically.

- "I'm sure that you have seen changes in her, right?" He asked him.

At this point, Blyke could just listen to what Arlo was saying.

- "In fact, how do you think she spends her free time after school?" He made Blyke think about that possibility.

- "And I bet that she hasn't been hanging around with you, nor Isen, right?" He added.

- "So there's only one possible answer." He said while looking at Blyke.

- "They're dating, accept it." Arlo said with a serious face.

- "So, what are you going to do about it?" He asked, trying to convince him once for all.

After this, Blyke remained silent.

*So that could be the reason why John acted like that today...* He thought, realizing the reason for this strange behavior in John.

He couldn't deny anything about what Arlo said to him just now.

Little by little.

Blyke was connecting all the dots.

Her behaviors.

She suddenly taking his side.

As also she was working along with him.

And a new brightness inside of her.

Even though this wasn't an easy pill to swallow, Blyke thought the next.

This is hard to accept, it really is.

But, if she's happy...

Then I'm happy.

After reaching the next conclusion, Blyke took a deep breath and began to talk.