Chapter #5: Talk

--- Wellston Boys Dormitories, John's Room ---

John's POV

- "Monster." Is the first same thing I remember after I wake up.

A month has passed since that discussion I had with Remi, she opened her club and it's apparently doing fine, but still, I can't be sure in that one, because I haven't checked it by myself yet, but that issue is covered because I ordered to Cecile to secretly investigate on the Safe House club.

And now, it's a new week, but it doesn't matter... it wouldn't change anything for me, in the end, I'm still the monster.

I haven't had any problem with Doe's care at least, I took that time to relax a bit and also we were working on the report with Remi, I have nothing else to do either, so after class, I just come to the dormitories, work on the report, try to sleep, waking up from my own nightmares, and repeat the same exact thing every day, it's meaningless.

But I really have to say that not even in my dreams I thought about having a dog in my care, it really maintains my mind occupied, and the stress that I have to constantly deal with fades a little too.

If people are going to look me with disgust, then go ahead, I don't really care for those looks from afar anymore, it's a waste worrying myself over something so worthless, they will do nothing about it anyway.

When I open my laptop to do some research, since it's super early, I noticed a message on my chat from my dad.

It's been forever since I've talked to him.

- "Why are you wake up so early in the morning?" Dad texted me.

- "The same I could say to you dad." I texted back.

- "I'm close to my deadline T-T and my editor doesn't want to extend it." He replied.

- "By the way, how is school?" Dad added.

- "I'm doing good I think..." I answered him.

- "You've fixed that issue with Sera?" Dad asked me.

- "I tell you, that was a terrible idea." Dad texts me.

- "Don't worry about it, that it's already done." I replied, trying to cut the subject.

- "I. Want. Details. Now." He texted me.

I really don't want to explain the whole story, he will nag me to death, but maybe I can-

*Incoming Call from Dad*

...And I didn't expect that he would call me at this hour. Sh*t.

- "Dad... Hello... how is work?" I say to him.

- "It's fine! Just a little short on time, but I'll manage this, nothing to worry about." Dad answered.

- "So... why are you calling me if you have that little time?" I asked him.

- "I always have time to talk to my son. Don't worry about that." He answered me with full confidence.

- "Anyways, John, tell me how you deal with that, how did it go?"

- "Well... It went fine, so you don't have to worry about-" I said, before getting interrupted.

- "Fine? John, don't lie to me, I can see your face, your eyebags tell me that you haven't been sleeping well, you're feeling bad, now, tell me exactly what happened." Dad said in a firm tone.

I sighed before telling him the truth.

- "...Long story short, it went awful." I answered him.