Chapter #32: Regaining (2)

--- Wellston Private High School ---

After the lunch break, the students went to class, some of them were satisfied, because they got to eat cake, and a whole lot more were not.

In the case of Seraphina, who managed to get in her hands a slice of the famous cake, and peacefully eat her lunch, is now walking to her next class.

When she was close to the classroom, she saw two girls that came closer to Evie from afar, who was walking towards her next class.

- "Well well, what do we have here?" A girl started a conversation with Evie.

- "It's the number one of the class, Evie." The other girl said.

- "How've you been?" She asked, playing to be friendly.

*They seem fishy...* Seraphina thought, based on the tone of those two girls, and thus, she began to walk towards them.

But Evie, knowing how they acted, because it was not the first time this happened to her, began to walk a bit faster, ignoring them.

Then, after this, Evie started to run away, but they simply activated their abilities and one of them close the gap in a few moments, while the other one threw a few energy arrows with her ability, to make Evie lose speed as she dodged her projectiles.

This change in Evie was produced due to her interactions with Seraphina, who was teaching her how to fight and defend herself.

And thus, Evie has grown inside her enough bravery to stand up for herself, and not just giving up to the bullies' demands.

After that, one of the bullies grabbed her right arm with a tight grip, so Evie activated her ability with the hand that was being restrained.

This bravery was later re-encouraged by a conversation she had with John, as she has been considering using her ability to have some distraction tactics, in order to defend herself more efficiently.

As the girl saw the light coming from Evie's right hand, she began to laugh a bit.

- "Hahahahah! Like if that useless ability would help-   UGH!" The girl mockingly managed to say before getting punched in the face by Evie's strike with her free hand.

This strike was useful because she let her go, but didn't have the strength to knock her out.

Then, the girl glared at her annoyed, while her anger was growing up inside.

Then, she restrained her two arms easily with one hand, this was due to her physical augmentation ability, which was enough to overwhelm any low-tier student with this.

- "I assume that you already know how to avoid this, just give us your assignment and that's it!" She exclaimed, demanding Evie to hand over a school assignment.

- "What, no!" Said Evie, resisting this extortion while holding tight her report.

- "YOU REALLY NEVER LEARN, DO YOU?!" The girl yelled, preparing her to punch her with all her forces.

*BAM!* 

- "AGH!" Evie groaned with pain, as a result of that punch.

The impact of the punch was strong enough to leave a bruise in Evie's arm, who managed to block that strike while dropping her report to the ground.

Meanwhile, Seraphina was closing the distance between them, in order to help Evie.

After this, when she was close enough, Seraphina punched the bully in the face.