Chapter #27: Struggling (1)

--- Wellston Girls Dormitories, Seraphina's Room ---

- "Sera, you're just a cripple."

Is the first thing that Seraphina remembered after waking up.

After she had that discussion with John when she discovered he was Joker, that phrase has been haunting her over and over.

Then, she grabbed the clock at her side and tried to freeze it using her ability, only to no avail.

*I don't know why I even try at this point...* Seraphina was thinking, resigned to the bitter truth.

*Knock Knock*

- "Seraphina?" Elaine asked after knocking on the door.

- "Are you okay?" She said with a worried tone.

- "Go away, Elaine." Seraphina said from behind the door.

- "No! You haven't been outside for the last few days! I want to help you, so please, talk to me about what's happening."

Then, Seraphina opened the door.

- "Leave me alone, please." She said.

After that, she immediately slams the door and locked it.

To be honest, Seraphina has been far from good.

When they were interrogating Terrence, as they were talking to him, she noticed that all he was saying was the truth, and he can't give her any new lead over her missing ability, because he simply didn't know any more details about what happened to her.

That was her only hope, and that vanished away.

And now, without anything to hold her still, anyone to keep her standing, she has been locked up in her room, unable to sleep well, waking up in the middle of the night, and every day, what John said to Seraphina that day, has more and more weight in those words every time she hears those words, and she's only going out for eating when Elaine isn't in the room.

This situation has been pressuring Elaine, and she's growing more and more desperate by the minute, unable to do something for Seraphina, as her roommate, and as her friend.

At first, she thought it was her imagination and just assumed that Seraphina went out earlier than her, but the next day, she noticed that something was wrong.

So, she tried to reach Arlo, to ask for advice, but lately, he has been unreachable, and nobody knows why.

Remi was her other immediate option, but she has been hanging out with John, and she is so scared of him that makes her avoid that option.

Other than that, she asked Blyke and Isen, *Maybe they would know something about it* she was thinking back then, and Isen explained the current situation to her.

Understanding a bit more of why she has been locked up, she feels like she's running out of options, so then, she has been preparing Seraphina's meals and such, and then goes to class, that is what Elaine has been doing in these last few days.

--- 6 Hours Later, Lunch Break ---

*What should I do...? Do I keep trying to contact Arlo? I'll try to contact Remi, but the idea of getting close to where John is... unsettling, maybe I'll-* Elaine was absorbed in her thoughts, that she didn't hear that someone was calling her.