Chapter #33: Regaining (3)

--- Wellston Girls Dormitories, Seraphina's Room ---

After Seraphina came back from classes, she went straight up to her room.

She still couldn't believe what happened today, but she was pretty happy with the outcome.

Then, when she arrived at her room, she simply called the number Doc gave her earlier today.

*Calling Leilah...*

...

...

...

*Call ended.*

She insisted a few times after this, but the result was the same.

*Huh... I guess she must be busy right now.* Seraphina thought, as she was leaving everything ready for tomorrow.

--- The next morning, 8 Hours Later ---

A new day.

As the golden light of the morning hits Wellston once again, and many students were getting up from their beds.

And Seraphina was no exception, as she was wakening up by the alarm.

After this, she gets up, and she takes her school clothes out of the closet and getting them ready for after she takes a shower.

Then, she stopped for a second what she was doing.

*Wait, if I try to call Leilah at the same time as yesterday, she's not going to answer again.* Seraphina got that sudden thought. *So what if I try to call her now?*

After this, she decided to test that theory, by calling her sister at this hour.

*Calling Leilah...*

...

...

...

- "Hello?" 

- "Who am I talking to?" She asked since she didn't recognize the number of the person who was calling.

- "Hello...?" She asked again since she wasn't getting an answer from the other side of the phone yet.

- "L-Leilah?" Seraphina started to talk, but for some reason, she felt tense.

- "Is that you?" She added.

- "It's me, Seraphina." She said while confirming her identity in the process.

- "Sera?" Leilah asked her.

- "Is so good to talk to you again! You sound different from what I remembered!" She cheerfully said after recognizing Seraphina's voice.

- "It has been a lot of time..." She said with nostalgia.

- "Yeah, five years..." Seraphina commented with an empty tone.

After this, there was a tense pause between them.

- "I'm sorry, Sera." Said Leilah, with a serious tone.

- "Sorry, for what?" Seraphina asked her since she didn't feel any reason for her to apologize.

- "I... left you alone in that place, it must have been hard for you..." She answered.

- "I just... couldn't handle all the pressure, the expectations and-" She managed to say before getting interrupted.

- "It's okay." Seraphina abruptly said.

Seraphina felt like she needed to step in since she wanted to make clear that she doesn't bear any resentment towards Leilah.