Chapter #34: Busted

--- Wellston Town, Woaba Boba Store ---

- "What is it?" Remi asked.

- "Just look at it." John answered while pointing at the TV.

Then, both John and Remi paid attention to the news report that was happening right now, as the dark-skinned newscaster started to talk.

"Friday night, in the town of Grasshill, there was a double vigilante sighting."

"One went by the name "Nobody" while the other remains unknown."

"This has been our first new vigilante in a long time."

Then, the news channel proceeded to put exclusive footage of what happened that day, as the red-haired newscaster was explaining that footage.

"Nobody" was spotted wearing a dark gray hoodie, and he seems to have red hair, with some kind of propulsion based ability, as the residents of Grasshill commented that he was a young man, possibly a student, with red hair and golden eyes."

"Also, thanks to our additional footage, we've analyzed that "Nobody" had been struggling against a known criminal, as he suffered multiple injuries and was later immobilized."

"Then, a third party came up, and the two barely made it out. Although both vigilantes survived, they could've been killed."

"This is why we strongly discourage vigilantism, and if you know someone is committing these acts, please report him as soon as possible and please, leave dangerous fights to the authorities."

After seeing this, Remi remained silent.

*So... you were a vigilante all along, even when you were the one who told me to drop it...?* She thought, while not having too clear what to do about this.

Remi didn't know how to feel, trying to process this fact.

- "Hey... are you okay?" John asked her.

After a while, Remi managed to regain her composure.

- "Not at all..." She answered.

*Brilliant question, way to go, me.* He thought with sarcasm inside his mind.

- "One of my closest friends was hiding something from everybody." She explained.

- "I understand that he would hide this from a lot of people, but..." She added.

- "Things happened, and we decided that no one would retake that." She said, recalling what happened with Volcan.

- "I just don't understand..." She said, wondering the reason for this.

For him, this hit pretty close to home, as he suddenly remembered his last discussion with Seraphina for a second.

After that, John regained his composure.

- "Also..." Remi added.

- "You don't seem very surprised to see this, can I ask why?" She bluntly asked, noticing how calm John was after knowing something rather surprising.

John remained silent for a bit.

- "Well... I saw him going back to the dorms a couple of times, with his clothes ragged, and I even mistook him for a thief or something once." He answered with honesty.