Chapter #37: Sides

--- Lovun Town ---

After Leilah noticed that she has been followed, she and Seraphina went through the back door of the cafe, in order to escape.

- "Sera, can you defend yourself?" Leilah asked right away.

- "Yeah, although if they outnumber me I'm done for." Seraphina answered with honesty.

- "Then stay close to me and stay alert." Leilah said.

- "I'll handle them." She added while activating her ability.

Then, Leilah rushed towards the enemies, striking all of them and leaving them unconscious.

*Her speed has been drastically decreased!* Seraphina thought after seeing how Leilah dealt with her opponents.

- "How much that thing reduces your ability?" Said Seraphina, who was just catching up with Leilah's location.

- "The level doesn't matter with this, because abilities get reduced by half." Leilah said with absolute calm, even after knowing that she's been reduced to an elite.

- "Half?!" Seraphina asked surprised.

*So that's why I couldn't rewind my injuries and barely freeze them that day...* Seraphina reached to that conclusion.

- "Let's keep moving." Said Leilah, as she tried to keep her focus.

Even though it's an alley, it has a lot of routes to the main street, and a ton of corners in between, therefore, the enemies can come from every direction.

And Leilah kept rushing to the enemies.

She was managing to attack before them, leaving them without any time to react.

The combination of Leilah and Seraphina's forces was good enough to repel the enemy forces coming at them.

Even though it was good, it wasn't perfect.

They had only one flaw in their execution.

Which was when Leilah rushed towards the enemy to avoid being surrounded, she created a considerable distance which Seraphina couldn't close quickly.

Not necessarily because of the lack of speed to catch up with Leilah, but because she couldn't tell which direction Leilah was taking.

And this flaw led to another change in the pace of the skirmish.

As some kind of yellow portal showed up.

Inside, there was a man with a syringe in his hand.

As he managed to slowly arise from the ground, he could pass undetected over Leilah's guard.

- "W-What?!" Leilah said with surprise because she knew she would not react on time.

But, Seraphina managed to punch that man right after he appeared, dropping the syringe.

- "Thanks..." She said after seeing this.

*They injected me something when I lost my ability...* Seraphina thought. *So that thing was able to reduce me to this state...*

Then, Seraphina stared for a second at the syringe, and every memory since she lost her ability to, invaded her mind.

No one deserves to live like this.

With this, Seraphina raised her foot, ready to destroy the syringe.

- "Wait, don't destroy it!" Leilah said all of a sudden.