Chapter #46: Interlude (3)

--- Wellston Boys Dormitories, Isen's Room ---

As Isen was preparing for going outside, he dresses up and as soon as he opens the door, he encountered Blyke at the other side.

- "Isen." Blyke said.

- "Did you just hear the same thing I have, right?" He asked.

- "She just said Volcan." Isen answered.

- "Yeah..." Blyke said, agreeing with his roommate.

At first, they didn't have any idea of where to go, since she didn't tell them where she was.

- "But the thing is where is she?" Blyke asked with a worried tone.

- "Well... based on the background, the place feels familiar to me, although is kinda a bad memory." Isen started to explain his reasoning.

- "So I would say she's in the hospital. I don't know why though." He added.

- "Hmm... okay, so let's assume she's in the hospital or at least close to that place then." Blyke said.

- "Then... maybe we won't make it in time." Isen said with a worried tone.

- "Well of course we won't make it if we don't hurry!" Blyke said as he started to go at a faster pace.

- "No, you dumbass! I mean that the hospital is at least 15 to 20 minutes away even with our abilities, and we can't just wait for the bus to show or something." Isen explained.

- "Remember that she's with John now." Blyke mentioned.

- "What difference does it make, do you trust that guy now or what?" Isen asked.

- "Not really. But I'll have to." Blyke replied.

- "At least until we arrive there." He added.

Then, a familiar figure showed up.

- "Why are you two in such a hurry?" Arlo asked.

- "We're... just going to buy some snacks!" Said Isen.

- "Buying stuff with a mask on?" Arlo asked.

- "Do you think that there's a deadly virus outside or something?" He added.

- "Well it's possible..." Isen commented.

- "Are you going to play superhero again?" He said as he was powering up.

- "No, that's not it!" Blyke answered.

- "It's Remi! She might be in trouble!" He explained.

- "She... encountered Volcan again." He added.

*Volcan...* Arlo thought to himself.

After this, Arlo remembered what Remi said to him a few days ago.

"Valerie is Volcan."

Why am I thinking about it?

She only says that because of a baseless hunch.

"Have you seen her using her ability at least once?"

Right?

He actually wanted to believe in Valerie's word...

But lately, the more he thinks about the system that the authorities enforce, it starts to make less sense than before.