Chapter #28: Struggling (2)

--- Wellston Girls Dormitories ---

As Remi and Evie arrived, Elaine was waiting for them at the entrance.

- "There you are, thanks for bringing her up here." Said Elaine.

- "And thanks for coming, Remi." She said while bowing.

- "No problem, is she in her room?" Remi asked her.

- "Yeah." She answered.

Then, Elaine, Evie, and Remi went to her room.

*Knock Knock*

- "Seraphina...?" Remi called her.

- "Remi...?" Seraphina asked back, surprised to see that Remi was behind the door.

Even if she seemed unfazed or unaffected externally, she actually was very worried about her current situation, as the only thing that kept her standing was the fact that she had a lead about where to find the responsible for this, and that vanished away.

When the door opens, Seraphina, who had been having sleeping problems, showed up.

And such problems, haven't helped her at all, as those have been clouding her thoughts, making her unable to move forward from her actual situation.

- "What are you doing here?" She asked.

- "I brought her here, because I'm worried about you, Seraphina." Elaine answered, with a worried face.

- "I know that what you're dealing with might be difficult." She added.

- "Might? Imagine not being useful at the one thing you're good at and being worthless all of a sudden." Seraphina said with a grumpy tone.

- "Also, I still don't understand why you're acting nice to me, I'm a cripple now, you're contradicting yourself, you know that?" She said while glaring at Elaine.

- "You know... I've been trying how to deal with all of this too." Elaine answered.

- "Not just for you, but for myself too, you're the strongest person I've ever met in my life, and at first, I respected you just for that, to be honest." She said with sincerity.

- "But after living here in the dorms with you, I've been knowing you more, and I saw all your efforts, like, you're not only just strong, you're good at studying, you have a great fashion sense, you have a lot of good things in you, you're a person, just like everyone else." She expressed her opinion.

- "I now see that I was wrong to act like that, criticizing your actions and everything else I did before." She said, in an attempt to apologize.

- "Yeah, like Elaine is saying, is not the end of the world, we can help you." Remi said with a cheerful tone.

- "Even without any leads?" Seraphina asked right away.

- "What? What happened?" Remi asked surprised.

- "It's just... that I managed to talk with the anonymous writer, Terrence, the one who has invisibility in this school. Long story short, he was involved with the booth prize that has those trackers, but all that..." Seraphina started to tell them what happened the other day.

- "Just for him to not being directly involved with them." She sighed.

- "I've been trying how to deal with this all these days... but I just can't." She said while recalling all the terrible things that happened to her.

- "Just the fact that I'm going to be powerless all my life... is enough to bring me down, and I remember that just before waking up, every day since then, but it's not something you'll understand now." She added, with a hopeless tone.