Chapter #3: Name

--- Wellston Boys Dormitories, John's Room ---

John's POV

- "Monster." Is the first thing that I immediately remember after waking up.

I don't need to keep remembering something that I already know that I am, but these nightmares are so real, it's like I'm living the same situations, repeating the same mistakes, feeling even more guilt each time, all over again, it's so frustrating.

I want to stop feeling like this.

I would like to take a nice amount of time sleeping without nightmares right now, that would be heaven right now for me.

But that seems impossible for now, so I'll prepare myself for my morning jogging since I can't get back to sleep, and maybe I'll take the dog for a walk too.

- "You up?" I asked, feeling a little awkward, talking to a dog.

The dog appeared immediately when I talked, waving his tail from side to side, and when he does that, I noticed a small grin on my face for some reason.

Since I had taken the dog with me, I have been occupied with him, also I have been feeling more relaxed, especially when I see his reactions, this dog is interesting to watch.

For now, I'll take the dog for a walk, so I can make my morning routine too, also I can buy him some dog food, a collar, a dog tray for food and water for him, and a bed for now, since with this, I have spent the last of my allowance dad sent me this month. 

Later, I'm gonna go to the infirmary if Doc can help me with this, since it's a stray dog it could have some kind of sickness or something else.

--- Wellston High School, Infirmary ---

- "Excuse me. Hi Doc, It's me, John." I enter with the dog.

- "What do you want now, John? IT'S 6 AM IN THE MORNING FOR GOD'S SAKE!!" Said the Doc, the school nurse.

- "I wanted help with something." I asked while I point the dog.

- "Where do you find it?" He asked, with an irritated face.

- "On the street. It's a stray dog, I found him fighting alone against a pack of other stray dogs. Before I know he was in my room." I answered with a serious face.

- "Do you know that this school doesn't allow pets inside?" Doc asked me.

- "I didn't know that, but I'm now the King of this school, so that doesn't matter to me, I can do whatever I want." I answered him.

I didn't want to use the "King" card to Doc, but I had to do it, if I didn't do it, the school would have to make me kick him out to the streets again. 

He doesn't deserve that. 

He deserves to have a better life.

He's worthy.

"Also, I want to know if you can do a health check-up to him?" I asked him with a serious face.

The stiff expressions on his face began to fade little by little, probably because he noticed my concern respecting the dog's health.

- "Well, that's true, now it's weird seeing that you're coming here unscathed. Just don't make my work harder than it is in the process okay? Do that and I'll take a look at him." Doc said.