Chapter #40: Rematch (2)

--- Wellston Private High School, Headmaster's Office ---

At the same time, the fight was starting, Keene, the Head of Security of Wellston, knocked on the door of the headmaster's office.

- "Come in." Vaughn said.

Then, the beige-haired man opened the door.

- "Sure... Why do you call me for?" Keene asked straight to the point.

- "I got a warrant yesterday from the authorities. They're coming today." Vaughn said with a serious face.

- "Talk about short notice..." Keene commented.

- "Okay, so who's the one who is coming right now?" He asked.

- "The same officer as the last two times and I guess that other lady as well." Vaughn commented.

- "Them, huh...?" The beige-haired man bluntly said. 

- "Yes, so be prepared to receive them when they arrive." The teal-haired man instructed.

- "Understood. Anything else?" Keene asked.

- "Yes, I need you to bring Blyke to my office." Vaughn answered.

- "I would like to have a word with him before he talks to the authorities." He added.

- "Oh, so they're looking for Blyke?" Keene asked while getting a bit surprised. 

- "What happened this time?" He added.

- "The warrant said nothing about why they are sending people here." Vaughn commented.

- "But it seems that the rumors were true after all." He added.

- "The rumor that Blyke was a vigilante?" Keene asked.

- "Exactly." Vaughn answered.

- "A week later after the news of a new vigilante spread all over the country, they sent me this warrant." He explained his reasoning why this could be true.

- "And since Blyke is one of the most powerful students in the region, of course, the authorities are going to take preventive measures against it, seems like a thing they would do." He said, connecting the dots.

- "I don't want them sticking their nose in my business, but if I just decline then he will show up, now that I already rejected to help them last time." He added.

- "That person is the only reason why the authorities can do whatever they want." He said with a disgusted tone.

- "That's true... his existence can be pretty bothersome." Keene agreed with Vaughn's statements.

-  "And also... I can't face him yet." Vaughn said.

- "Keene. How are the preparations for that?" He asked, getting impatient.

- "Unfortunately, they are still not responding about it." Keene brought out the bad news.

- "They said they have some internal struggles to produce what you asked for."  He explained.

- "But they were pretty vague about it." He added.

- "I don't know, if you ask me, they were just lying about it." He expressed his opinion.

- "If there's one in a million chance that what they were talking about were true, I would take that gamble any day." Vaughn said right after.

- "Let them know that they have until the end of the month, if they don't make a clear answer about it, just call the deal off." He said with a cold and calculating tone.