Chapter #48: Interlude (5)

--- Wellston Police Station ---

One hour after the incidents occurred near the hospital, where John and Remi got a deadly encounter with EMBER.

Luckily, Arlo, Blyke, and Isen arrived on time before reinforcements appeared, and together, they were able to solve a lot of questions about the authorities and managed to live to tell the story.

- "All right kids, we've checked your identities, now please stay in this room until we call you for interrogation, okay?" The officer said.

After saying this, the officer left the room.

- "I've never thought about getting handcuffed again." Remi said.

- "What, have you been arrested before?" Arlo asked.

- "A few months ago, Blyke, Isen, and I got involved in an incident at Kovoro Mall." Remi answered.

- "They had transmitters on their prices, when I confronted the person giving them suddenly a smoke bomb dropped." She commented.

- "Then the security guards thought that we did that." She said.

- "The worst part is that's where Seraphina got a teddy bear as a price as well..." She added.

- "So that's why we were followed back then..." John said, getting his own conclusions the events that happened in the past.

- "When I had to go to your house with Elaine because she was stabbed?" Arlo asked.

- "No, way before." John answered, recalling what happened back then.

- "There was someone invisible."

- "The same one involved in the Kovoro Mall incident."

- "That was Terrence." Arlo said.

- "He's a student who has the ability to turn invisible for long periods of time, he can also turn other people invisible."

- "He also wrote an article about the mall incident, trying to make Remi, Blyke, and Isen the culprits." He added.

- "Is he still around the school?" John asked.

- "Seraphina, Isen, and I already dealt with him." Arlo answered.

- "Turns out he was someone who had some debts in his family and tried to make easy money doing crimes." He added.

- "How can you be so sure that he wasn't just lying to you about his motives?" John asked.

- "Nothing ensures me that he won't be doing it again." He added.

- "We need to keep him on a short leash, he's a threat if he's mixed with people who can disable abilities."

- "People who are that committed to doing those kinds of crimes can't have such shallow reasons." John said.

- "So, what do you think we can do to deal with him? He was suspended and was taken by the authorities already." Arlo asked, wondering what else do they need to do about it.

- "We can wait for him the day he comes out and follow him around to make sure he won't go back to his old ways..." John suggested.

- "Going back to what we have now, Arlo, I need you to answer me this as honestly as possible, please." Remi said with a serious tone.

- "You truly didn't know anything about what she was doing?" Remi asked.

- "Of course not, what kind of high-ranked officer tells confidential information like it wasn't a big deal?" Arlo answered, a bit annoyed by Remi's skepticism.