Chapter #2: Lost and Found

--- Wellston Boys Dormitories, John's Room ---

John's POV

- "Monster." Is the first thing I remember after waking up, again.

I really hate being awaken everyday from something like this again and again, it just remembers me how worthless I am, and no matter how hard I try, I don't see myself winning in any way.

And thanks to those nightmares, I always wake up very early in the morning, I look at the clock and see that it's 4:00 AM again, I wonder why do I even set an alarm right now.

And recently, I got a new guest on my dormitory, a stray black dog I picked on the street on a whim.

Since I never had to care of any kind of animal before, I don't know what to give him to eat before going to class.

- "What do I even do this?" I asked myself.

For now, I'll just give him bread, eggs and leave him water, later on lunch I'll come back to prepare something for him.

Since I revealed myself in public, everyone knows that I was Joker, and now the new King, so they leave me alone, just looking with disgust from afar.

--- Lunch Break ---

I came back since lunch break has started, and the door was open and the dog was gone too.

- "Come on, where are you?" I asked, but with no response, it was clear that no one was there.

But who could come over to open my room? I'll deal with whoever the f*ck did that later.

So I went to look out for him, I didn't even bother asking people because they would just avoid me and go away as fast as possible, without telling me anything.

--- 15 Minutes Later ---

Where did he go? Sh*t, it's getting late, and I'm not even close to finding him.

I couldn't find him for now, and I need to go to class right now before I get there too late, because the lunch break is going to finish, he couldn't go too far, but when I finish my classes for today, I'll look for him again.

--- 2 Hours Later ---

When I was finishing class, I looked out the window, maybe I could saw the dog from here, and I noticed some people with a dog, but I couldn't tell who they were. If I go now maybe-

- "...JOHN. This is the last time I repeat myself, so pay attention if you don't want to be in detention class for the rest of the day." Said the teacher with an angry tone, because I distracted with what I saw through the window.

- "I was just paying attention to some students carrying something, but whatever, go ahead." I said, bothered because she didn't let me see who they where.

- "I was saying, John, that you have to say about what are you going to do your project, and your partner in this project." Said the teacher, but now she said it with a calm tone.

- "I don't have a partner in this project, neither the theme about it, can this wait until tomorrow?" I asked for more time, since I was looking for the dog and couldn't think about it.

- "Hmm... very well, but, I decide with who are you going to do this project with whoever didn't group up before, when you decide on your theme." Said the teacher to my petition.

- "Fair enough." I answered.

Meanwhile, the whole class was trembling and looking at me and also the teacher with a scared look, like they were looking a sleeping bear and someone poking it with a stick.