Chapter #1: Encounter

--- Wellston Boys Dormitories John's Room ---

John's POV

- "Monster." Was the first thing I remembered after I wake up.

I get up, then I look at the alarm, it's 4:00 AM, and is still dark outside. 

And I set that alarm for not being too late to class, but right now it doesn't matter. It's worthless right now.

I can't go back to sleep because of that nightmare. Sh*t.

So I made breakfast, just some scrambled eggs and some bread I had from yesterday, but everything it's the same no matter what I eat. Tasteless. Like always.

After eating breakfast, I prepared myself for my jogging routine early in the morning, because nobody in Wellston is this early, so I don't have to see anybody's faces, anybody who look at me with disgust.

On my way out, I saw Blyke going into the dorms, with his clothes ragged, then, I remembered all the times he try to befriend me, like nothing happened after he almost killed me with his stupid laser.

F*cking trash.

Also... my friendship with Seraphina is finished, in the end, she chose Arlo's side after she saw the side of me that she was never supposed to know, after she saw a Monster.

And now what do I do next? 

I have nothing.

--- 1 Hour Later ---

When I was coming back to Wellston to change clothes for school, I found some dogs fighting, it was an unfair fight.

Like all the times those pricks from that school use me as their punching bag for no reason at all, for some reason I couldn't take my eyes off that fight, a black dog was against a group of 5 stray dogs, and the black one bite another with all his might, but it was useless.

In the end, he lost.

--- 1 Hour Later ---

After seeing those dogs fightning, I think, why do I looked at that fight for so long? Now I'll be late for class.

I come back, dress up for school, and brace myself for all those disgusted looks that I'm gonna get, alone.

- "Retaking what I said last class, We're going to have a project where you have to observe and make a report on nature, you can do it about animals, plants, insects, whatever you can think of, oh, and also, this work is in pairs, and you can choose your partner this time." Said the teacher.

Great. I think to myself. 

Now I'll could fail even if I do it, because nobody would want to pair up with me, but... 

Well, what do I have to lose this time? 

Maybe I'll do it anyway, since I got nothing to lose this time.

--- After School ---

When I'm outside school is the only time I can relax a little bit, far from those f*ckers, so I decided to go jogging one more time.

And I noticed that black stray dog from earlier in the morning, fighting outnumbered again, but still stood up, against all odds, fighting to the bitter end, and, for a brief moment, I saw myself reflected on that dog.

But before I knew it, I was already moving myself to help him, luckily I had copied Cecile's ability from today, so I restrained those dogs and saved him, he was fightning early in the morning today so if he would have still going on, the dog could have died. 

It's not like those worthless people... he was abandoned, and nobody had any kind of kindness for him... but he never gave up, even after all this time, enduring all this alone, so maybe... 

There is at least some worth in this world.

For now, I'll take him to my dormitory, he seems tired, but since lately I got some extra space, I can lay him down there, let him rest, and see what to do next tomorrow.

--- unOrdinary: Joker's Aftermath and Transition - Chapter #1 END ---

Notes: 

EDIT: I fixed the grammar issues that this chapter may have, but since I'm not from a english speaking country, some grammar issues may have slipped up.

I hope that you like this episode!

I don't own any of the characters used in this fanmade story, this is from unOrdinary, from uru-chan, if you have time go check it out.

And don't forget to vote if you think more people should read this, and also follow me if you want to know the updates sooner, since this is my first fanfic, I don't have very clearly when I update the second one, and don't forget to leave a comment below!

Also I hope that you have a nice day and see you next time :D