Chapter #30: Answer

--- Wellston Boys Dormitories, John's Room ---

"Mons-"

*Until when are you keep going with this?* Is the first thing that John thought after waking up.

On this beautiful morning, the sun was up, and some of the sunlight was bathing the room through the parts that the curtain didn't cover completely, as John looked at the clock as soon as he woke up, and he checked it was 8:00 AM, but he wasn't unable to go back to sleep again.

Lately, John has been feeling a bit better, since now he can sleep without that much difficulty as before, although he is still haunted by his past, over and over during all this time.

*So... what is she for me?*As he was staying in bed for a while, he couldn't avoid thinking about those questions. *I can't find an answer to that yet.*

Thus, he got up from the bed, got dressed, and started his morning routine, as always.

- "You up?" John asked to Doe.

Then, Doe, the dog that John has been taking care of ever since he encountered him, get closer, waving his tail from side to side.

It was such a simple thing, and for some reason, John has found it interesting in a way, and very often, he wonders why he enjoyed something like that.

Then, as he was preparing breakfast and Doe's meal, he started to think about the progress in Remi's training.

In the time that they've been training, she has been honing her hand to hand combat skills at a fast rate, as she has been winning a few of the sparring rounds that they practice every single day.

*She clearly has been putting a lot of effort into this...* He thought while making a little smile, as he finished preparing his breakfast.

Then, as he was eating his breakfast, he found it tasty enough, so he finished his breakfast, as he was eating with enthusiasm.

After breakfast, he started to play with Doe, mostly, he was caressing the dog's hair, because he found it relaxing, as it helped to clear his mind.

*So... what do I do now?* He started to think, as he checked his phone, only to see that he didn't have any message.

After this, he had made up his mind, as he got up, to start his exercise routine.

--- Outside the boys' dorms, 15 Minutes Later ---

Then, as John was going out of the dorms, he encountered Zeke around, who was wearing casual clothes.

Zeke has been trying to win John's approval, even though all the things that happened between them previously.

And John has been warding him off, with warnings and punches along the way.

- "Hello, John!" Zeke greeted John.

- "What the f*ck do you want?" John asked, already annoyed by his presence.

- "Uhh... nothing, I was just greeting you." He answered.

- "Move." Said John without even flinching.

- "Also... I wanted to say that I've been trying to prove myself to you!" Said Zeke while trying to avoid that John walked away.

- "What? And how exactly you've been doing that?" John asked him.

- "Well, of course, I haven't been tolerating any kind of insult against you from other students, so I've been teaching them a lesson for you! And I've ordered my lackeys to do the same!" He answered, proud of these pitiful actions.