Chapter 7

(Kaira's haldi outfit) (Pic above)

****************************************************************

Kaira's POV

I was ready for the haldi ceremony, as it was soon going to take place. I'm taking the rose petal decorated plate with a pot of turmeric mixture out to the lawn, where it will be held. The bride and the groom will be sitting together, and having one haldi ceremony. Everyone was slowly gathering around to apply haldi on them. One by one everyone came and applied haldi on the couple. Finally it was mine turn, I took handful of mixture in my hands and looked at Raina. She understood what I was going to do, so she tired covering herself with her hands but I wasn't going to back out. I took it, applied all over her arms, so she took her hands away from her face and then I attacked her face and rubbed it all over. She looked pissed. 

"Kaira, I will kill you." Raina spoke loudly.

"First you have to catch me." I stood up and ran. I could see her following me. I looked back at her and stick my tongue out. She suddenly stopped so I turned towards her confusingly and started walking backwards, sticking my thumb up, when I crashed my back into a hard object. I turned quickly, but in that process I was about to fall, when someone caught me by my waist. A familiar touch, a familiar cologne. Andrew. I opened my eyes and looked. It was definitely him, looking at me with those gorgeous eyes. And I noticed his face had some haldi mix on them, guess it was my fault. But why is it that I always get lost in those eyes. Someone cleared their throat and that's when I got out of his hold.

"I caught you Kaira, now what you want to do." It was Raina. 

"Let's go. I lose, you win. Happy." I grabbed her hands and started walking to where everyone were sitting. 

"By the way Andrew might wanna wipe off that mixture on your face before anyone says anything." Raina told him and winked. I just gasped. How can she be so embarrassing. I turned and saw him smiling. He turned and went back. 

The haldi ceremony got over and after lunch we went back to our rooms and started getting ready. I showered and wore my lehenga for the marriage. Some girls were here to do my makeup, and I told them only light with mascara, eyeliner, some blush and lip gloss. They did my hair, soft curls starting from middle to end. And I was ready after some jewelry to match my outfit.

 And I was ready after some jewelry to match my outfit

(Kaira's outfit)

I went to Raina's room and saw her getting ready. She had a beautiful red lehenga with light pink duppatta and red embroidery border. The girls were doing her makeup and hair. Finally after 3 hours she was ready. I took some kajal and applied behind her ears, so no evil eye will catch her. She hugged me and I could feel her crying.

"Rinu, don't cry, otherwise your makeup will get ruined and you will look like a witch." I tried making her smile. She hit me playfully on my shoulders, and that's when aunty came to call us as it was time to go to mandap (pavilion). I took her holding her by her shoulders. We reached and made her sit beside jiju.