Chapter 24

Kaira

It's been few weeks since I've been discharged from the hospital and Drew has been taking extra care of me. Not letting me out of his sight even for a second. Sometimes it gets a bit too much, although I know he worries about  me especially after the incident. I don't blame him. Even I'm frightened sometimes and I have nightmares. 

I've been working from home ever since and Andrew hasn't been to office either. When I told him it was okay for him to go to work, he says, and I quote, "I'm the boss. I can do whatever I want." He only goes to office, if he has any important meeting that requires him to be present. 

I've never felt better to be honest in my entire life. I'm loving the time I spent with my Andrew. I love him more than life itself. Although I miss grandma and Raina, I also talk to them over the phone. 

Right now, I'm sitting down watching Netflix in our room, waiting for Andrew to come home as he has gone in a meeting. He has a maid that has been with him since he was a child. And he has kept double the security than before. Too much if you ask me. But he doesn't want to risk my safety again. His words not mine. 

"Hey sweetheart. How are you feeling?" Yes always changes the endearment to something different every time. But I love it, no complains. 

"I'm fine Drew. It getting boring now sitting at home. Can I please go out now?" I asked, trying to change his mind on letting me out of the house, otherwise my mind will go berserk. 

"Kaira." He sighs. 

"I know what you wanna say. That it's dangerous and you're still not recovered. I'm fine really Drew. Please. I'm not a kid anymore. So stop treating me like one." I regret the words as soon as I saw the look on his face. 

"Drew, I'm... sorry. I didn't... mean to." I stood in front of him and wrapped my arms around his torso. "I know you just want my safety, but its getting suffocating. If it makes you feel better then I will go and come with you." 

"Baby, I just don't want to repeat the incident. Every time I think about it, it breaks my heart. I don't want to see you like that ever again." He cupped my face and kissed my forehead. "And about going back to work, I accept. But on one condition." I looked at him in confusion.

"What kind of condition?" I asked.

"Pretty simple actually. I will just move your desk into my office and you will work with me so I can look after you." I widened my eyes at his statement. Nobody knows about our relationship in the office yet. As if Andrew understood my inner turmoil, he answered my unspoken question.

"I know, we haven't made it official in front of everyone. But I'm planning to fix that." 

"You will announce to everyone about our relation in the office. Drew, it's against the rules for an employee and boss to have a any kind of relationship. You know that. Its going to be chaos."

"I know. But you don't work directly under me. You work for another company, and you are their employee, so you can't have any relationship with people of your company. I'm the exception. Don't worry. I'll handle it." I smiled at him and rested my head on his chest. My safe haven. 

After a few minutes of silence enjoying each other's embrace, Andrew spoke. 

"Would you like to go on a date with me today?" He asked. I stared at him for a moment. He seemed nervous while waiting for my answer.

"Yes, I would love to."

"Great, wear something casual. Will leave at seven." I smiled at him and kissed him on the cheeks.