Chapter 3

Next Day

Kaira's POV

I woke up at 6AM today and got ready. Since my day is free with no shopping and no Raina, I can actually do my work. I am going out today as I have gotten a job interview to attend to. I looked one last time at myself in the mirror wearing my formals, then I went down to have breakfast. I found nani already sitting at the dinning table waiting for me. 

"Hey nani." I greeted and hugged her.

"Good morning child. You are an early bird today." She kissed me on my cheek. 

"Yeah actually, I have a job interview today. Remember I told you I have applied at couple of places, so I got a message yesterday, saying to come in for an interview." I replied.

"Oh okay. All the best. I know you will do great." She assured me. I smiled happily at her. 

"Okay nani. I will go now. You take care." I kissed her bye. And I left for the interview. 

I reached at the place right on time. My interview is at 8AM and I'm actually early 15 minutes. I straight went to the receptionist with a smile on my face.

"Good morning, I have an interview at 8AM. My name is Kaira Mathur." I greeted the receptionist. 

"Good morning. Let me just check." She smiled politely at me.

"Yes, please have a seat, I will let you know once the boss is ready." She added. And I nodded at her and took my seat. 

I looked around the office and it was huge. It looked like one of the big companies. The interior was fully furnished with modern designs. Where I was sitting there were comfortable sofas with chairs and table in the middle. And on one corner there was a coffee and drinks counter to acquaint people while sitting and waiting for their turn. The hall was pretty wide and more lively. And the LED lights were hanging just below the ceiling.

"Miss. Mathur, please come with me." The receptionist told me, breaking my thoughts. I nodded and followed her to the well lit corridor. She stopped at a huge wooden door at the end of the hall. She smiled to me and signaled me to go inside, after that she left. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. And I heard a very stern voice say 'come in.' I slowly opened the door and walked in. 

"Good morning sir. My name is Kaira Mathur. I'm here for an interview." I greeted with confidence. 

"Good morning, Miss. Mathur, please have a seat." The man replied while sitting straight in his chair. He looked around the age of 40 with well built posture and arrogance was oozing out of him. I gave him my smile and sat down in front of him on the chair. His name plate read, 'Mr. Sanjiv Gupta.'

I quietly handed him my file which had all my certificates and other credentials. He looked fully focused on it, studying every detail, while I just looked at him, trying to figure out what was happening. He just had a blank look on his face and I couldn't decipher anything. Finally he spoke up.

"I'm impressed Miss. Mathur. You have a great portfolio. Since you have great credentials and clearly you have studied in one of the top university in India, I have an offer for you. In this company, we have may employees not to say we don't have any vacant spot, we do. But here you will not get the salary considering such high qualifications that you have. We have another branch in US, that would be more suitable for you. What do you think? Are you ready to work there?" He finished with his information. And I was stunned by hearing all this, and stunned was an understatement. I never expected anything like this. I cleared my head and thought about the proposals, the first thought that came to mind was my nani. She would be all alone if I leave for US. I would not be able to see her everyday. And finally I decided what I wanted.