Epilogue

Kaira's POV

5 Years Later

I could hear giggles and laughter coming from the adjacent room, while I'm cooking our Sunday dinner. It brings so much joy hearing their laugh and  them fighting over silly things. It's all worth it in the end. 

It has been five blissful years, filled with love and sweet memories. Once we got married according to the Indian tradition, we also decided to have a small church wedding with close family and friends. It was truly a blessing. 

After our honeymoon in Bali, which was the whole month, we shifted back to New York. A month after coming back, I started to get bored sitting at home all day so I decided to work and do something productive to keep my occupied. Now I'm the finance head at a architectural firm. And of course he supported my decision and I was so proud of him, but he was more so towards me. 

Six months later, I found out I was pregnant. I couldn't be happier, it was the greatest gift ever. Andrew was thrilled to be a father. He took great care of me during those nine months. He fulfilled every cravings, no matter how weird they were, handled all my mood swings, without a single complaint. He never once got annoyed with my demands. I soon gave birth to a baby boy. Our little prince. Although at first Andrew had wished it was a girl, he was equally happy with our little bundle of joy. He is going to turn four in a few months. 

Another year and half later we were blessed with another child. Our little angel. She is now two years old. She was definitely a daddy's girl. Drew spoils our kids so much, its crazy. I'm going to have to make another cupboard soon for them, even though the current ones are already overflowing with stuff. 

As for granny, it was hard at first leaving her alone again, but Raina was there, which made me worry less about her. 

Andrew insisted that we bring granny with us but due to her health issues and as per her doctor's instruction, she can't travel anywhere. But my husband, being the sweetest as he is made sure we visit her at least once every six months. we lost her due to a heart attack. It was the hardest time for me, but Drew was there every step of the way. He was everything a girl could dream of. And I'm lucky to have him in my life. I guess I'll never stop thanking God for sending him to me. 

As for my mother-in-law, she stays in India with her relatives. When she heard I was pregnant, she ordered and I mean literally ordered in her sweet-strict tone to Drew to send our private jet to her so she can come. After that she spent about three years with us. She had to go back to India few months back because her relative fell sick. 

Two hands around my waist, brought me back from my thoughts. 

"Thinking about us, love." I swear he has mind reading capabilities. It's scary sometimes. 

"How do you always know, what I'm thinking. Sometimes I even think that you may be a mind reading alien." I chuckle as I turn to face him and put my arms around his neck. 

"Do you know what else this mind reading alien can do." He seductively whispers in my ears, which sent jolts of electricity running through my spine. Even after so many years, his affect on me is still the same. 

I pretend to think for a moment before answering, "Hmm, I don't actually." 

"Well then, let me show you." He starts leaving butterfly kisses along my jaw and slowly moving down to my neck. I bite my lips to suppress my moan. 

"Drew.." I can't help it. He knows exactly what he's doing to me. 

"Yes baby. Tell me what you want." He whispers while still leaving kisses on my neck.