Chapter 10

Author's POV

Next Day

Kaira and Sanaya got ready for office and were ready to leave. They took the cab and reached the office right on time. Both went in to the reception area. Kaira knew that this is Andrew's company and she would be working with him. She was shocked to the core when she got these details from her boss last week. It was written in the e-mail that she would be working with Marshall Enterprises Inc. And she knew that it was Andrew as she knew his last name when he told him during Raina's wedding. They stood in front of reception area. Lisa the receptionist gave them a disapproving look. 

"Yes, how can I help you?" Lisa asked in annoyed tone.

"We are here to see Mr. Marshall, please? We are from India and we are here to work on a project with him." Sanaya told her. 

"Oh please many girls come here to meet him with that kind of excuses." Lisa told them still annoyed and with a cold expression. Kaira was somehow not liking this. Not really bothered about Lisa's behavior but with the fact that other girls come here to meet him. She kind of felt a pain in her. 

"Excuse me, we are here only on work basis. And we are not lying. You can call Mr. Marshall and confirm with him. Tell him Sanaya D'Souza and Kaira Mathur are here." Sanaya snapped. Lisa rolled her eyes and picked up the phone and called Andrew. Lisa got scared at the tone of her boss' voice and she quickly led both the ladies to the conference room. 

Once reaching the conference room, they took a seat and Lisa went away glaring at them one last time. Andrew also reached in few minutes and took his seat on the main chair. Both of them greet him and he nods in return. They start discussing about the project and how they will go about doing it. After an hour and half, they were finally done. Andrew got up and left for his cabin after telling Kaira to meet in his cabin. Kaira hesitantly left for his cabin. She knocked his cabin door. 

"Come in." Came his voice. She slowly opened the door and went in. Andrew was standing near the window of his cabin. 

"Yes sir. You wanted to talk?" Kaira asked him, fidgeting with her fingers.

"How are you? Its been a while. How's your nani doing? And Raina?" Andrew asked looking at her with love and concern in his eyes. Kaira looked up to see him already looking at her with so much longing in his eyes.

"I'm... fine. Nani and Raina are also fine. H.. how... are you?" Kaira asked with a little smile. Andrew smiled. 

"As fine as I can be." Andrew replied, hurt clearly visible in his voice.

Kaira and Andrew both looked into each others eyes. Kaira understood that he was anything but fine. She could see that he has lost the charm. His face only depicts sadness and hurt. And in between all that Kaira also noticed the longing of love. Andrew took few steps towards her without breaking their eye lock. Kaira stood rooted in her place. She couldn't move, it was like her legs didn't have the strength to step back. Andrew came in front of her, leaving a decent gap in between. 

"You look even more beautiful than last time I saw you." Andrew slowly lifted his arm and caressed her cheeks with his fingers. Kaira was feeling blissful with his touch again. She closed her eyes feeling his touch after a long time. Deep inside somewhere, she missed him and his touch. But soon realization hits and she jerked her eyes open. She was standing in his office and anyone could come anytime. This is workplace and she needed to control herself from loosing the urge to hug him. 

"Sir, we are in office right now. You should stay away from me. Anyone could come here." Kaira said looking down as she couldn't see the hurt in his eyes. Andrew left her and became the cold and arrogant self that he is.