Chapter 20

Kaira's POV

The sun rays stroked my face, which woke me up from my sleep. I woke up to a beautiful view. Drew's arms were wrapped protectively around my waist. He looked so peaceful while sleeping. He is a completely different person from when I first saw him.

When we met at the wedding, it was him, who used to look at me like I'm the only precious thing in the world. To tell the truth, I was also attracted to him. It was like a magnetic force was trying to pull us together. But at that time, my only responsibility was my nani. I wouldn't leave her alone, she is the only family I have. 

The way his eyes would only fine me. His blue-grey eyes. 

When the wedding was over, and it was his time to leave, I saw reluctance and pain in his blue-gray orbs. It was like he was waiting for me to stop him. I didn't have the courage. I felt I had no right to stop him. It had only been a few days I met him. 

When he hugged me, it was like he was taking something, a memory of me and my touch with him, to remember me. 

But finally here I am with him, with my chin on his chest, looking at him, those same blue-gray eyes. Wait, what. He was sleeping. 

I saw Andrew looking at me with so much love and adoration. He smiled and gently caressed my cheek with his fingers.

"Good morning, princess." And the endearment.

Ever since I proposed to him, it's like he has forgotten my name, not that I'm complaining. I like it, in fact I love it, when he calls me princess or baby-girl. I couldn't help the smile on my face.

"Good morning, Andrew." He frowned. I did that on purpose to tease him. But then I saw a glint of mischievous in his eyes. Uh-oh.

Before I could understand what was happening, he flipped us over. Now I'm lying on my back with him on top. He looked straight into my eyes. I frowned, confused on what he's trying to do. He slowly trailed his hands down from my arms to my waist. 

My eyes widened as I realized what he is about to do. He started tickling me, and yes I am ticklish guys. I try and remove his hands but he is too strong and I can't go anywhere. I am trapped. 

"St-stop, ple-please. No." I couldn't stop laughing. 

"Drew, st-op." He gazed down at me lovingly. 

"Let's go get ready baby girl." He kissed my head and left. I smiled at his antics. 

-------->

After getting ready, I went downstairs for breakfast. 

Andrew and I quietly had our breakfast with quick glances at each other and him winking at me every once in a while. By the time we finished, I probably was red as a cherry. 

I was cleaning up in the kitchen and went to look for Andrew. I asked the worker and he said he was in his study room. I went and knocked on his door. When I heard no sound, I went in to see him on the phone.

"You son of a bitch." He was furious. 

I couldn't hear the other person on the phone, but this didn't sound good. Whoever he or even she was, wasn't friendly. 

"Once I get my hands on you, you will regret your life." He hung up and threw the phone on the wall, and it broke into million pieces. 

I knew Andrew could get angry but this is the first time I have seen him so worked up. I have never seem him like this before except that day in office. He was behaving the same way that day when he received a call. Could it be that same person? His business rival, who was trying to take revenge from him by using me.

 I quietly went up to him and placed my hand on his shoulders. He turned around, all the anger and frustration gone and replaced with what looked like vulnerability, fear and most importantly love. 

He quickly scooped me in his arms and hugged me like his life depended on it. I let him calm down and slowly rubbed his back. Once I confirmed he was okay, I asked him the question I was dreading. 

"Drew, is it that same person that called you the other day in the office?" I asked softly.

"Yes. He is the one." He answered as he pulled out of the hug but still holding me. 

"But, he hasn't done anything yet. He only calls and threatens you. He looks like a coward to me." 

"He is anything but coward. If what I'm thinking is correct, he is planning something big. Something that I don't know yet." He furrowed his brows in thought. 

"Did you try and find out?" I asked. 

"I have placed my best men on the job. He can't get away with this." He fisted his hands, controlling himself from breaking anything. 

"I know you will figure this out." I rubbed his arm to calm him down again.

"Of course I will. You are my lucky charm." He smiled at me reassuringly. "Just promise me one thing, that wherever you go, you will tell me and I will have my guards watch you. It's just I can't take risks with you." 

Normally, under these circumstances a girl would lash out when she is being followed, I would definitely do it. But with Drew, everything is easy. I know he is just trying to protect me. He would keep me safe no matter what. I feel protected when I'm just with him. 

"I know you are just trying to protect me. And honestly, I'm fine. The safest place for me though, is your arms." I placed my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Drew hugged me back.

"And I love having you in my arms." We stood there for what felt like just mere seconds, but it was about few minutes.

 "Kaira." I broke the hug to look at his eyes. He never called me by my name, unless it's something serious. "Have you thought about.... umm.... marriage. I'm not rushing or anything, and it's not like I don't like having you as my girlfriend."

"Of course I have Drew. But you have to meet nani first. She is the only family I have." 

"Don't worry, we have lots of time to think about marriage. And I will also meet nani. Let's finish your project first and then I'll take you to India." 

I love this man so much. He means the world to me. And of course there is nani & Raina. 

I have everything I've always dreamt of. A perfect job, an amazing friends, the most perfect soulmate and a perfect life. 

Except for that mysterious guy!

Hey Readers,

Sorry, I took forever. But finally an update!

Enjoy! 😁😁

Jay 🧡