Chapter 8

Author's POV

Mumbai, India

It was Kaira's first day at her new job. She woke up at 6AM and got ready. She came downstairs and had breakfast with her nani. After that she left for her work as she didn't want to be late. 

She reached her office and went to her boss' office. Kaira was then directed to her work. She started working and was enjoying her new job. It was just her, her nani and her job. She made many new friends during her work there. Her friends are Akshay and Sanaya. The trio became best of friends, and would always hang out together during lunch hours and sometimes would meet outside of office hours for parties. 

Days passed into weeks, and weeks into months.  

New York City

Andrew entered his office at 8AM and went to his cabin, without greeting anyone. That's his daily routine now, he doesn't speak to or greet anyone. He has become the cold and arrogant businessman, not that he wasn't before. But he's completely changed himself, he has build a wall around himself, where no one could enter. 

"Brenda." Andrew shouted from his cabin. Brenda ran and entered his cabin.

"Yes, sir." She replied. 

"Where is my coffee and the schedule for today? Why isn't anything ready? What the hell were you doing. I hate people who don't do their jobs properly. Get on it NOW." Andrew slammed his hands on the table. Brenda got scared and went to do her work.

Colby, Andrew's best friend heard this while he was walking to Andrew's cabin. Colby went in and saw Andrew massaging his forehead. 

"What's gotten into you man? Why are you shouting at everyone for such small things?" Colby went and sat on one of the chairs on front of Andrew.

"Colby leave. I don't have time for nonsense." Andrew replied coldly. 

"You've been like this ever since you came back from India. It has been 6 months dude. Stop it and forget about her." Colby was worried for his friend, as he has shut out everyone from himself. Andrew hasn't gone to any parties or clubs within these 6 months, and hasn't enjoyed himself. No contacts with anyone. He only has talked to his mom. 

"Colby, I SAID LEAVE. Let me do my work." Andrew again shouted. And he busied himself on his laptop. 

"Look Andrew, I'm your friend and I'm worried about you. You have shut everyone out for a girl who didn't even care about your feelings." Yes Colby knew everything. Andrew told him the second day, he came back from India. 

"Colby, not a word against her." Andrew pointed a finger.

"Okay, I'm sorry but ever since you've realized you love her, you are not yourself anymore. You have built walls around yourself. Why can't you forget her. You can find anyone, you are the CEO man. Every girl falls for you." Colby knew what he was saying wasn't going to come true. He knew Andrew would never love or care about anyone like he cares about Kaira. But he can't see his friend like this. It hurts him. 

"You know that's never going to happen Colby. I will never forget her. I love her more than anything in this world. Even if she can't become mine, I will never stop loving her, ever. Now leave, I need to work." Andrew went back to work on his laptop. And Colby left from there, as he knew there was nothing left to argue. 

Andrew rested his head back on his chair and closed his eyes. He hasn't forgotten anything about her. Her eyes, her smile, her cute face, everything still comes in front of his face whenever he closed his eyes. His thoughts were broken by a knock. "Come in." He spoke