Chapter 22

Thanks for the patience guys. Here is the next chapter. 😀

Just heads up, there will be some violent scene and language. If you don't want to read, you can skip it.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Kaira

I groaned as my head felt heavy. I might have inhaled too much of whatever they had, which made me unconscious. I felt fear creep into me slowly as I lay on the dirty floor. Every part of my body was feeling numb. I felt drained and exhausted. All I wanted to do at this very moment was go home and sleep, cuddled up next to Andrew. 

The room was dark with only one light that was hung above my head. I could not see any windows, or any other exit except for the door that was closed tight. It smelt of, well dust and cigarettes'. 

I don't know how long I laid on the floor, when I heard the door opening. I sat up slowly, to see who came and kidnapped me in my own home. 

When he came into the light, I could've sworn I saw this guy before but I can't really remember where. He was really tall with dark brown hair and piercing hazel eyes. I could see his muscles bulge out of the shirt he was wearing. He was pretty handsome, if I say so myself. But not more handsome than Andrew of course. What am I even thinking, he kidnapped me for God sake. 

His gaze was not scary or intimidating although it was really hard to tell what he was thinking because his face was expressionless. 

The guy took his hands out of his pockets and bend down to my level, as I was still siting on the floor. He looked at him and for a second I thought I saw guilt flash across his eyes, but he covered it up as soon as it came. 

"Hello Kaira," he spoke with a smirk on his face. I glared at him. 

"What do you want?" I spat at him.

"Oh no, I don't want anything from you. I just want something from that boyfriend of yours. Although your offer sounds tempting." 

"He won't give anything to a jerk like you." He chuckled and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear with his fingers. I turned my head to the other side, not wanting to be touched by him. 

"Don't you dare touch me." I shouted. But the smirk was on his face back again. The nerve of this guy.

"Feisty. I like it. I must say Andrew is very lucky to have a beautiful and brave girlfriend like you." I didn't want to reply instead I gave him my best glare. I was pissed and frustrated. 

I could feel my eyes sting with tears, but I just wasn't about to cry, especially in front of him or anyone else who might be involved. I suddenly felt bile rise in my throat. All this was making me sick to my stomach. He stared at me for long before he sighed and his features softened a bit. I couldn't understand this guy. 

"Would you like to talk to him?" I raised my eyebrow at his question.

"Why would you do something like that." I asked trying to get my emotions in check. He shrugged avoiding my eyes.

He stayed silent for few minutes and I could see he was thinking hard trying to figure out what to do. After another few more minutes, he pulled something out of his pockets. A phone. He was really going to let me talk to Andrew. I could hear my Drew's voice. The hope that seemed to vanish suddenly came to light. A little, but it was there. He pressed a few buttons on the phone and held the phone out for me. I took the phone and kept it on my ear. I could hear it ringing and finally it was picked up. 

"Drew?" I said softly. My throat felt dry suddenly, with all the emotions swirling in my mind. 

"Princess." I could hear him sigh in relief. I couldn't say anything, I just hummed. 

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Please tell me that you are alright baby." But before I could speak he spoke again.

"I will get you out of there okay baby girl. Trust me. You're going to be alright, just hang on. I love you." And I could hear shuffling from the other side of the line. All of a sudden the phone was snatched from me. I saw him taking out his SIM from the phone and destroy it. He didn't want anybody finding out.

"I can't let you talk any longer." 

"I didn't even talk Einstein." I spat. 

"Well too bad." I sighed, at least he did let me use the phone for few minutes, although I wasn't the one talking. 

"Thank you." I said quietly. He snapped his head at me and raised his eyebrow.

"You don't recognize me, do you?" I frowned, trying to remember where I saw him. 

"I'm sorry, am I suppose to remember my kidnapper." Even though I was still trying to remember him, but I wasn't going to tell him that. He did seem like a nice guy, when I think about it. I mean he let me talk to Andrew. 

"Fair enough." I just stared at him and like a bulb lighted in my head, I widened my eyes in realization.

"Wait, you are one of Andrew's security personnel. Kyle, if I remember correctly." I pointed at him. He smiled but it didn't reach his eyes, it felt more like a sad smile. 

"Why would you do that to Andrew? He trusted you. Why would you betray him." I suddenly felt anger bubbling inside me. This guy was trusted as Andrew's one of the best security. But he had to go behind Andrew's back and kidnap me. He eyes flashed with anger and he was giving me the death glare that could have anyone running for the hills. 

"Just shut up. Nobody asked for your opinion. So just keep your mouth shut bitch." I was beyond furious, what was with this guy. 

I heard the door open again and another man came in. He was more bulkier than Kyle. And he was too intimidating and definitely more scarier. He smelled of cigarettes and alcohol. I scrunched my nose, wish the smell would go away. 

"Shut up bitch, before I do it another way." He pulled on my hair and I had to let out a scream with the force he was holding it at. He slapped me across the face and the sound echoed around the empty room. I fell back on the floor, I could feel metallic taste in my mouth. I touched my nose and saw that it was definitely bleeding. My cheek hurt and I can imagine fingerprints forming on it. Once again, I felt tears sting my eyes. 

"You go watch the gate. I will keep an eye on her." The bulky guy ordered Kyle. Before he went, he looked apologetically at me. I gave him a small smile, reassuring him even though my cheek still hurt from the impact. 

"Let's see what to do with you now, you slut." He seethed. I glared at him with all the strength I had. I know probably not the best thing to do. But how dare he call me a slut. He was probably a man whore. Well, I was right, I got a slap and this time on the other cheek. And he kept up his torture. He kicked me in the stomach a few times.

"Bitch, don't you fucking dare do that again." He had grabbed me by my hair and let go harshly and I hit my head on the concrete, obviously making it bleed. I just stayed on the floor, every part of my body hurt like hell. I couldn't move a muscle, I was sore. I just wanted Andrew to get here now. 

I then heard his footsteps slowly fading. Thank God. I couldn't hold it anymore and started to cry. The tears making my cheeks sting with pain but at this point I didn't really care. I was holding too many emotions. Anger, hurt, and frustration. 

I cried for I don't know how long, but the exhaustion finally got to me. I slowly fell into unconsciousness praying Andrew finds me fast. 

########################

Hope you liked the chapter.

Don't forget to comment & Vote.

Thanks. Until next time. 🙂