Chapter 27

Author's POV

Finally it was the day that they were going to India. Both Kaira and Andrew were excited to meet their family. To tell them about the blissful happening of their lives.

They started for the airport on Andrew's private plane. It was going to be a long flight.

After what seemed like forever they arrived at the airport in Mumbai. Kaira was happy to be home after a long time.

She just wanted to see her nani and tell her the good news, the news that her grandmother was waiting for her whole life. The marriage of her precious granddaughter.

After an hour drive they finally arrived at the house. Andrew decided that it was better if Kaira met her nani first before going to meet his family.

Kaira's nani was waiting for them as she knew from Andrew that they were arriving. Both the mother-daughter duo had happy tears in their eyes after seeing each after 6 months.

Andrew soon went to his house after biding bye to Kaira, promising to meet her grandmother after he brought his family to talk about their marriage.

Soon both the families had dinner and went to sleep. Except the love birds of course.

They talked for hours before Kaira went to sleep forgetting her phone was on. Andrew understood and smiled remembering her.

The next few days went by with them meeting each other secretly, because they wanted to enjoy the time they had to themselves and to explore the city of Mumbai.

"When will you let me meet your family Drew?" Kaira questioned Andrew when they were having coffee date at a Cafe nearby.

"Soon. I'm planning on bringing them tomorrow to your house to talk about our marriage." Andrew replied. Kaira smiled.

"Meanwhile, I was thinking I will go meet Raina. I haven't met her ever since I came. And if she found out I was here and didn't meet her, she will eat me alive." Kaira said, chuckling.

"Of course, how about we both go and surprise her. I think she will be happy to see us together." Andrew suggested smirking.

"Hey not a bad idea. Wait a minute, you are doing this so you get to see me getting scolded right. And getting teased." She narrowed her eyes at him, while he put his hands up in surrender.

"No I can't see you get scolded but I will definitely have fun with the teasing. I get to see your blush." Andrew winked and she playfully hit his arm.

"So cheesy."

"Kaira, I'm so lucky to have you in my life and as my wife." Andrew said after a while.

Kaira was not listening to what Andrew was saying because she was busy glaring at a girl, who seems to be drooling over Andrew. But he wasn't the one noticing. He had his focus on her baby girl.

He understood by the look on her face, that she was being jealous. Andrew found that cute and amusing.

After finishing their coffee silently, Andrew was the first one to stand up. He walked to Kaira and stood in front of her, with one hand on the table and one on her arm chair, caging her in. She slowly looked up and noticed his eyes sparkling mischievously. She was confused at first, but then she slowly realized what he was thinking. Her eyes widened slightly. He leaned down and kissed her forehead lovingly, lingering it longer than necessary, to show the girl who kept staring at Andrew,  that he only belonged to her. She was the only one. Kaira's heart skipped many beats. The thoughtfulness of Andrew made her heart soar high in the sky. She couldn't have asked for anything more.

They finally left for Raina's house to meet her and give her the surprise.

After twenty or so minutes they reached her house.

Andrew was the first one to ring the bell. Kaira stood behind Andrew for a little extra surprise.

Raina opened the door and was happy to see Andrew.

"Hi Andrew, what a pleasant surprise." Raina greeted Andrew with a wide smile. "Please come in." She moved to the side to let him in.

As soon he entered and once she turned to close the door, she screamed and fell on her back.

**********************************

Hello everyone, really sorry for the late update.  It's going to be like this until I can make time to update regularly. I'll try my best.

Until then enjoy the chapter!

Thank you for all the votes. I'm thankful to all of you.

🌺🌺