Chapter 11

Author's POV

Two weeks past after that incident where Andrew asked her out for dinner. After that he didn't ask her for anything or never called her. It was only professional relation that he kept with her, only talk regarding work. Kaira seemed bothered by this, she felt that he was now ignoring her because she rejected his offer. Although she never expressed it out, she was hurt deep inside by his behavior. 

These past weeks, she only noticed the cold and arrogant Andrew, with no emotions in his eyes. He was great at hiding his feelings behind his cold demeanor.  Kaira wanted to confront him about why he's doing this and at the same time she didn't want to. She thought about how he would think of her. But the truth was it pained her. Kaira now understands that she likes him. She has feelings for him but yet to name it. She has had sleepless nights thinking about him. 

On the other side, Andrew was feeling awful about ignoring her and staying away from her but he had to. He knew that she started to feel for him. He knew that his actions are effecting her and he planned on keeping it this way until she herself comes up and talks to him. But little did he know that he didn't had to wait for long.

"Kaira, where you lost to?" Sanaya asked, breaking Kaira's thought process.

"No... nothing. Hey listen Sanaya, I have to stay a little late for office today so go home and cook dinner and I will join you." Kaira told her. Sanaya just shrugged and agreed to her.

It was 5PM and everybody left for their respective homes. Kaira was still working on her laptop. And the reason she chose to talk to Andrew today was because she overheard Andrew's and his PA Brenda's conversation when she went to his cabin to talk to him about the project. But she just stood outside listening to Andrew, who would be busy with work today. 

The whole office was now empty except for her and Andrew. She quietly went to his cabin and stood at the door, contemplating on whether she should knock or not. But when she was about to knock the door opened, revealing Andrew. Andrew looked at her with his hands in his pocket, and a blank face. Kaira looked into those blue-grey eyes which are void of any emotion. But she could still see her reflection in them. After a long silence she finally spoke. 

"An.. Andrew. I... wanna... ta..talk to you." Fumbling with her words looking down.

"Speak fast, I don't have all day. I have important work to finish. And it's sir for you." Andrew responded coldly. Kaira shot her eyes up, and her vision started to blur. But she had to speak now or she will regret it later. With all the confidence mustered up, she spoke.

"Not here. Can we go to a café?" Instead of responding, Andrew was just staring at her, feeling a bit relaxed. When she didn't hear a response after a minute, she spoke again, "Andrew?"

"Why?" Andrew asked.

"Because I want to talk to you about something important. And this is not the right place for it." Kaira responded still looking at him. Andrew came close to her and grabbed her hand. He dragged her inside his cabin. 

"Now speak. Nobody will be here at this time." Andrew responded. Andrew didn't want to go to café as people will be there and it would be crowded, so they won't have much space to talk. In the office, everyone was gone home, even his PA Brenda. 

"Why are you ignoring me, like you don't recognize me. You just talk related to office and you never called me after asking me for dinner. I...." Before she could finish, Andrew interrupted. 

"Isn't that what you wanted? For me to stay away from you." Andrew told her angrily with a tint of sarcasm. "Decide what you want Kaira. Because I'm tired of having my heart broken by you." When she didn't respond, Andrew cupped her face and looked at her, joining his forehead with hers. "Because it hurts me to ignore you." He spoke softly. Kaira was just looking at him tears escaping her eyes.

Andrew slowly sucked those tears away and kissed her both cheeks. Kaira didn't know what she was feeling, but she knows one thing that she likes his touch. She had butterflies in her stomach feeling Andrew lips close to hers. She could feel his minty breaths on her face and lips. Andrew looked at her eyes and without wasting any more second, he smashed his lips on hers. He kissed her slowly and softly with love and care. He had his one hand on her waist, holding her properly and the other hand cupping her cheeks. He started sucking her upper lip for sometime and then moved to her lower lips . Kaira was too numb to react, she was just lost in the kiss. Unknowingly, her one hand travelled to nape of his neck and the other hand were running through his hair. 

Andrew gently bit her lower lip and Kaira feeling a little pain gasped and opened her mouth. Andrew entered inside her mouth and tasted every inch of her mouth. After some minutes of kissing, he left her. He touched her forehead with his. They both were breathing heavily. Andrew opened his eyes to see that hers were still closed. He smoothly kissed her forehead and hugged her. They both stayed like that for sometime. Kaira slowly broke the hug.

"Come, I'll drop you home. It's getting late." Andrew spoke. Kaira nodded. Andrew opened the passenger door for her as soon as they reached his car. Andrew took the driver seat and started driving.

Soon they reached her apartment. Kaira didn't get down from the car. She looked at Andrew.

"I'm sorry for everything. I hurt you unintentionally and kept rejecting you." Kaira spoke. 

"You know Kaira, after my dad left, my mom was heartbroken. At that time I decided that I wouldn't let anyone in my life. Love just gives you pain in the end. But when I saw you, I couldn't stop thinking about you. It was like the universe was telling me that you can't get away from this feeling. And guess what, I started having feelings for you. But you don't need to apologize, it wasn't your fault. I just rushed into assuming things." Kaira felt the pain that he was going through. And she couldn't help but feel more guilty. 

"Andrew, I'm sorry. I didn't know." Tears filled her eyes. 

"Hey its okay. Everything is fine now. So smile." Andrew wiped her tears and smiled. 

There was silence in the car as they both stared outside, not looking at each other. Finally Kaira spoke. 

"Umm... my dinner date is still pending." Kaira told him. Andrew smirked. She looked at him confused.

"Date?" Andrew smiled. "So Miss Kaira wants to go on a date with me." Andrew spoke teasing her. Kaira looked down and blushed. 

"I would love to go on a date with you. Be ready at 7:30PM tomorrow, I'll come and pick you up baby." Andrew told her. Kaira widens her eyes. Andrew chuckles. 

"What did you just call me?" Kaira asked, acting innocent.

"I said be ready, I'll come to pick you up." Andrew told her acting confused.

"No after that, you said something." 

"What did I say, I don't remember." Andrew shrugged. Kaira narrows her eyes at him. 

Andrew pulls her closer to him. He slowly tugs her lose tresses behind her ear. 

"I know you liked it when I called you baby." Andrew said huskily. Kaira lowers her head and blushes. "My new favorite color." Andrew pinched her cheeks indicating the blush. And slowly kissed her cheeks. And then left her. 

"Andrew, I.. I should leave. I'll see you tomorrow." Kaira said before getting out of the car. 

Kaira runs into her apartment, while Andrew waits for her to safely reach. After few minutes, he smiled to himself and drove home. 

Thank you guys. 

Vote and comment. Motivates a lot. :)

Until next time.