Chapter 28

Authors's POV

When Raina finally realized that her best friend is standing at the door, she stood up and hugged the life out of Kaira. Both were happy to see each other after a very long time. At least to them it felt like that.

They both soon moved into the house where Rohit and Andrew were sitting, chatting with each other.

"Hi Kaira, it's good to see you." Rohit spoke when he noticed both the ladies entering the living room.

"Hi jiju. It's great to be back." Kaira replied enthusiastically.

"Andrew was telling me about how he proposed you. Its great to know that he found someone who truly cares. I'm happy for you both." Rohit said, happy to hear that his brother found someone who truly loved him for him and not because of his money.

"WHAT?" Raina screamed. Everybody had to shut their ears, while Kaira winced. "And you didn't think of telling me." She spoke a while looking back at Kaira.

"I wanted to give you a surprise. Besides, your wish came true." Kaira spoke sheepishly, trying to lighten the mood. Fortunately for her it worked.

"Yes, I just knew. But don't think that I'm not angry at you." Kaira pouted, with puppy eyes, hoping it works this time.

"That's not going to work this time. Try something new sweetheart." After which Raina left for the kitchen to make some snacks for everyone. Kaira followed like a lost puppy and the men were watching the scene with amusement.

The men got engrossed in talking about sports & business. 

"Raina, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hide this news from you. But everything just happened and.." Kaira sighed as Raina was still not looking, although she was listening to what Kaira was saying.

"Tell me from the beginning." Raina finally spoke softly. She knew she couldn't stay mad at Kaira for long. Because Kaira was the sister she never had. 

Kaira started telling her how she left for New York and how she met Andrew there again after so long. As Kaira was getting closer to the end, Raina was jumping on her feet like a five-year-old kid, clapping excitedly. 

"So that's what happened." Kaira finished.

"I'm so happy for you. After everything that has happened in your life, you deserve the world. And Andrew is the best life partner for you." 

"Yeah, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Drew is the sweetest and he's so understanding. He never once made me feel like I'm from a middle class family or that I'm an orphan." Raina slapped her arm for having such thoughts about herself. Even though Kaira had her grandmother, she missed her parents. She never meant to have such thoughts, because people talked. She wasn't like this. Her grandmother always taught her to be strong and at the same time selfless. 

"Shut up. Dare you say anything like that again. I will kill you." Raina had tears in her eyes. 

They both hugged each other getting emotional. 

"I will tell Andrew and we will see what he has to say about this." Raina narrowed her eyes at Kaira angrily. 

Kaira was about to speak up but they heard the voice of Andrew from the kitchen door. Both of the girls eyes widened hearing his voice.

"Tell me what?" He asked.

"Actually, Andrew... Kaira was saying.." Kaira immediately shut Raina's mouth with her hands. 

"Nothing at all Drew. Did you need something?" Andrew raised his eyebrows seeming unconvinced. 

Raina stepped on Kaira's toes and she removed her hand with the sudden force.

"Ouch, why did you do that?" Kaira said.

"You didn't let me speak." Raina placed her hands on her hips. She then turned towards Andrew and saw that Rohit had also joined them.

"Will someone tell me what's going on here?" Rohit asked.

"Nothing, our girl talks." Raina handled the situation. 

Both Rohit and Andrew shook their heads, while Kaira looked at Raina thankfully. 

After sitting and chatting for few hours, both Andrew and Kaira left after bidding bye to Raina and Rohit. 

Once they were in the car, Andrew drove silently without saying anything. Kaira glanced at him to see that he was in deep thought. She placed her hand on his. Andrew saw Kaira from the corner of his eyes and slowly removed his hand from her. He saw the hurt look in her eyes. But she didn't know that he was even more hurt. Kaira stayed silent for the rest of the ride. 

Finally Andrew stopped the car at a hillside where the city can be seen below. He got out of the car silently and stood with his hands in his pockets. She also got out of the car and followed. 

"Drew.." She called softly. He still didn't turn towards her. She called again this time a bit loudly. He turned and she gasped. She knows the look in his eyes, they were red from anger. And she could see that he was trying to control himself and not lash out on her. Andrew didn't want her to be at the receiving end of his anger. He closed his eyes and looked at her again.

"How can you even think so low of me, Kaira?" She knew something was serious because he called by her name. 

"What are..?" She couldn't finish her sentence as Andrew interrupted her.

"How can you think that I will..." He couldn't finish the sentence because it was too obnoxious for him. "That I will make you feel degraded because your from a middle class family and an.. orphan." He whispered the last word. 

Kaira widened her eyes and placed her hand over her mouth. He heard. He heard her saying it. She couldn't control her tears and fell from her eyes one after the other. She cursed herself for hurting him and his feelings. 

She reached out to touch him but he took few steps back from her. She froze in her spot. 

"I never... meant it that way." She whispered. "I was just..."

"You were just what, Kaira? You felt insecure because we are from two different worlds. That you wouldn't fit in with me." She nodded while tears still escaped her. He sighed and moved towards her. Andrew wrapped his arms around her. She cried while she hugged him back tightly, thinking that if she let go, he will vanish. 

"How can you think that baby. I love you no matter what." He slowly broke the hug and cupped her face softly. "You mean the world to me. I wouldn't change a thing about you." She placed her head on his chest, her sobs could be heard. 

"I'm sorry. I.. hiccup... didn't.... hiccup... mean.. hiccup... to hurt... hiccup... you. I.." Andrew rubbed her back soothingly and moved his hand through her hair to calm her down.

"I wanted to speak to you about this before but never had the courage to. I felt like I was too simple for your lifestyle." Kaira spoke her thoughts. 

"Listen to me very carefully because I won't repeat myself. You are perfect. You're selfless, your smile and your ability to make others smile, you willing to help others. You're kind and beautiful. Never ever think about yourself otherwise ever again." Kaira was speechless. The love she had for Andrew grew tenfold hearing this. He kissed her forehead. 

"Let's go home." Andrew said. And both finally left. 

Another update!

Please comment your views on the chapter. Only positivity I hope. 😁

Enjoy until next time!!!🌸🌸