Chapter 23

Kaira

I woke up with my whole body feeling heavy. It hurt to move even an inch, but I managed to at least. 

The whole place was quiet and I wasn't sure if this was the quiet before the storm. Hope started to bubble in me and the thought that Andrew might be here, had me back to my senses. I stayed sat on the floor, afraid to hurt myself even more if I moved. 

After I don't know how many hours, I heard the door smashed open. I flinched at the impact, too afraid to look. 

When I heard footsteps coming closer to me, I looked to see who it was. I smiled at him and grateful that he found me.

"Hey baby, you're going to be okay. Just stay with me." He had cradled me in his arms and softly kissed my forehead. 

Not having anything to eat or drink had made me weak, plus not to mention the beatings I got had me completed exhausted. I lifted my hand as much as my leftover energy could allow. When he saw what I was trying to do, he took my hand in his and kept it on his cheek and then slowly kissed my palm.

I couldn't stay keep my eyes open for too long, as the tiredness took over me. 

》》》》》》》》

I could feel someone grab my hand into their warm ones. With one touch, I knew who it was. But I couldn't open my eyes because of the weakness. It felt someone had glued my eyes together.

I could hear beeping sound of something beside me. And I knew I was on a hospital bed. I was with my Andrew, and could hear him speaking to me.

"Kaira, please wake up. I'm here baby. I'm really sorry for letting this happen  to you. Because of my enemies, you had to suffer. Please just wake up now. I want to see you smile. I want to hear your voice."

I wanted to tell him that it wasn't his fault. And that I'm okay.

I tried again to open my eyes again. The warmth of his hand comforting on mine. I entwined my fingers into his. Finally able to open my eyes, I tried to adjust to the light. The white ceiling finally coming into clear view.

I looked to my right to see Andrew looking at me with concern and relief in his eyes. He got up from the chair that was placed beside my bed and caressed my cheek with his right hand.

"Are you alright baby girl? Are you hurting anywhere? I'm going to get the doctor, wait." And then he left without giving me a chance to reply.

After a few minutes a man in his mid thirties with a white coat, came in with a nurse behind him. He examined my pulse and checked my condition before smiling at Andrew. 

"She's a strong. She had one broken rib, and some bruises which will heal with time but other than that she's doing fine. I will keep her here for 2 days for observation, just in case. And I will also write down the medicine for you." He smiled at me, Andrew thanked him and he left after nodding.

"Hi." My throat felt dry, because of not speaking for long time.

"I'm sorry Kaira. This is my fault. I should've..." I quickly shook my head.

"No its not your fault. Please don't blame it on yourself. In fact you saved me. And I'm proud of you." I smiled reassuring him. I didn't want him to feel guilty about anything.

"My heart broke when I saw you lying on that floor and you were hurting. It took everything in me not to kill the person who did this to you. I knew that when you woke up and found out about it, you wouldn't have been happy." My heart just swelled at his statement. This is my Andrew. Oops I mean Drew.

"And you did the right thing. He should be punished for what he did. I'm glad you didn't decide to be all heroic. Otherwise I don't know what would've happened. I mean you versus that bulky guy." I teased him to lighten the atmosphere and his mood.

He playfully narrowed his eyes as he spoke to me.

"What are you trying to imply. That I couldn't stand a chance against his strength? Have you seen these muscles. I could take 10 of those guys down." I smiled at his way of defending himself. The truth is I know Andrew can take all those guys without getting as much as a scratch on him. Ok maybe he could get a few hits but he would still easily overpower those guys.

"I know you can. But I don't want you to get their blood all over you. Otherwise I'd make you bath ten times before you get to touch me." I smirked at him. He glared at me but I can see the corner of his mouth lifting into a small smile. He leaned in close to my ear, I could feel his breath fanning below my earlobe.

"Then I would take you with me to help me bathe." He whispered sensually. I could feel my face turn into a tomato. He laughed looking at my flushed state. I glared at him with a small pout. I smiled at him seeing him relax. I couldn't see him all worried and tense. After a comfortable silence, and me getting my senses in check, I spoke.

"Dream on, Mr. Marshall."

"Oh you have no idea what things I dream about Mrs. Marshall." He smiled and then winked at me. My stomach filled with butterflies and my heart running a marathon at the name given to me. If my face looked like tomatoes before now it probably looked like scarlet red. Although I can't say that I'm not waiting for that day to come, when I will be called Mrs. Kaira Marshall. It brings a huge smile to my face.

"Now get some rest. I'll be right here." He kissed my forehead. I pouted not liking the sleeping position.

"Cuddle me to sleep, please." I put on my best puppy eyes. "I won't get hurt, I promise. Pleawwwwwssss."

Add another pout.

I saw Andrew contemplating, thinking things in his head before he sighed and nodded.

We both adjusted on the small hospital bed. Andrew being careful not to hurt me. I put my head on his chest and fell asleep. My heaven.

****************************

Please vote and comment.