Chapter 19

Here is the update with Andrew's reaction. This whole chapter will be in his POV. Enjoy!

🌸🌸*************************🌸🌸

Andrew's POV

For the whole day I've been thinking about Kaira's behavior. In the morning, she acted like she doesn't know me and then she comes and consoles me. I'm not saying I didn't like her attempt. And she has a plus point because I can't stay angry at her. 

She is my life. My everything. 

I can't wait to go home and see her again. I wish this day gets over fast. I also wish I could go home everyday, see her and have her in my arms. 

My phone brought me back to reality. It was Colby. What does he want now?

"Hey buddy, how are you doing?" Colby chirped. This guy is always in a good mood. 

"Colby, I will come over there and beat you up. You won't recognize your own face." I spat.

"I know you're in a bad mood today. But just wanted to check on you."

"Well, you got that right. I just don't know what happened to her this morning." 

"Ask her. I'm not a mind reader." He scoffed.

"Yeah thanks Colby, I would've never figured that out." I rolled my eyes. I could here his laughter from the other side. It was humorless sarcastic comment geez. 

"Are you hearing yourself. From grumpy and arrogant Andrew to funny and bright Andrew. This has to go on Guinness World Records." I rubbed my temples. Dramatic piece of shit.

"Are you done? Cause I'm seriously not in the mood."

"Ok Andrew, pack up and go home. Someone is waiting for you. And I strongly suggest you go home now." He was being serious, which is rare.

"I guess you're right. I can't get my mind off of her, so there is no point in working when I'm not focused." 

"Good, you will feel a lot better after today. Trust me." I furrowed my eyebrows. What is he talking about. 

"Is there something you're hiding from me. Which reminds me, you and Kaira bonded pretty well this morning so fast, and started keeping secrets from me too." 

"Well.... yeah... she's... umm... your girlfriend, so she's like my sister now." Why is he stuttering. Now I'm hundred percent sure, they are hiding something from me.

"Colby, out with it." I can already imagine his shocked face.

"Dude, its nothing. Did I make the great Andrew Marshall jealous. Gotcha ya." 

I sighed. I forgot that to get something out of Colby is basically like hitting your head on a rock.

"Fine, don't tell me. I'll ask Kaira." 

"Yeah, of course, she's waiting. Tick-tock." Drama Queen.

"I'm going. Bye." 

I hung up the phone before he could reply. 

I finally decided to go home. I told Brenda to take care of everything in case something comes up.

After 30 minutes of torturous drive I finally reached home.

I went straight to the kitchen to check on her but she was not there. I looked at the clock and it showed 7PM. Where could she be? Did she reach home? She should be home by now. I went up to my room and it was dark. Weird.