Chapter 29

Author's POV 

It was the day when Andrew brought his mother to Kaira's house to decide the wedding date. Raina and Rohit along with Ahaan(A/N: Raina's brother) were also present. 

Kaira and Raina both were in the kitchen cooking up some snacks and tea for everyone, while the rest of the family were gathered in the living room. Chatters and laughter could be heard as everyone conversed with each other like they have known each other for years. 

Finally, the ladies came out with trays of food and drink, placing them on the coffee table that was placed in the middle of the living room. 

"Kaira beta, come sit here." Andrew's mother, Ritu, beckoned her to sit beside her. Kaira shyly sat beside her future mother-in-law. 

"She's beautiful. My son has finally found the one he has always been looking for." Kaira's cheeks flushed red at those words. 

"You're right aunty. They're perfect for each other." Raina chimed in.

"Now I can die peacefully, knowing my daughter has found her soulmate." Kaira's grandmother spoke with tears of happiness in her eyes.

"Maa, don't ever say that." Kaira's eyes watered at the thought itself, sending goosebumps all over her skin. She can't loose her grandmother, not yet. She wasn't ready for it. 

"Yes gradma, don't ever say that. You know Kaira only has you to call family." Andrew spoke softly. 

"I'm sorry dear. Let's not talk about that. The priest has decided the dates for the occasions. In five days, you will get engaged. And then fifteen days after that, your wedding preparations will start. We will do your wedding according to the Hindu traditions. And then if you and Andrew want we can also do the church wedding." Grandma said, looking at Kaira lovingly. 

"It's alright Grandma, we will do both." Kaira spoke, silently understanding Andrew's unspoken wish. Andrew looked at Kaira with so much love and respect in his eyes that it was overwhelming for her. The man had found his perfect match and he was very proud of his girl. 

"Kaira beta, thank you. Andrew's father would be very happy to see his daughter-in-law. You know he would team up with you against Andy, if he ever hurt you." Ritu said with a small smile on her face, remembering the memories she had of her late husband. She missed him even more at this special occasion, but she knew deep down that he was watching them from wherever he was and showering his blessings to his children.

"Don't say thank you aunty. It's my pleasure. You just give us your love and blessings." Ritu patted Kaira's head softly telling her she was proud of her. 

"Ok then. I have one condition." Ritu spoke, pretending to be mad. 

"Sure aunty. Anything you want." Kaira took Ritu's hand in hers and squeezed softly as if reassuring her that she would fulfill her wish.

"You are going to stop calling me aunty. Now I'm your mother dear. So call me mom or mamma. You can even call me Ritz, like two best friends call each other with nicknames. Now you are my daughter and best friend." Kaira had a big grin on her face, feeling lucky that she has such a cool mother-in-law.

Kaira chuckled. "Okay aun- sorry mom." Ritu was happy hearing her now sweet daughter.

"Mom, you forgot your son." Andrew pouted and playfully glared at the mother-daughter duo, seeming hurt at the lack of attention he was receiving. Everyone in the room burst out laughing at the grown up man's childish behavior. 

To tease Andrew even more, Kaira stuck her tongue at him and laid her head on Ritu's lap. Even Ritu hugged Kaira like she was going to disappear, dismissing her son's complaint. Andrew was happy seeing his mother and wife bonding well. He shook his head in amusement, enjoying their team work.