Chapter 17

Andrew's POV

The sun rays fell through the window giving a light into the room. I groaned in my sleep as I forgot to close the curtains last night when I came home late. It's hard staying away from Kaira. As on instinct I swept my hand to the other side of the bed only to realize that she wasn't here with me. I sighed. 

I got up from bed and got ready for office. I smiled with the thought that I will see my Kaira today. I miss her so much and staying away from her even for a second was torture for me.

I quickly finished my breakfast and headed towards office in my car. 

I greeted my employees with a nod when they wished good morning. I went straight ahead to Kaira's desk to see her. 

There I saw her talking to Colby and laughing. Oh how much I love her laugh, it's music to my ears. I quickly made my way towards them.

"Get away from her Colby." I glared at him and wrapped my arms around her.

"What crawled up your ass and died. Is this how you greet your best friend." Colby said. I rolled my eyes. He looked at Kaira and continued, "see I told you, he's an idiot. I don't know how you handle him." 

"Dude, you're a one lucky guy, she's a beauty." Colby spoke to me and winked at Kaira, while she blushed.

"Hey, stop flirting with my girlfriend. Only I have that right." I told him.

"And she's like my little sister now, so I have a right to compliment her." He pulled Kaira towards him and swung his arm around her shoulder. I gave him my death glare, but as usual he's unfazed by it. He just smirked. Oh you are so dead, buddy. Kaira on the other hand crossed her arms over her chest, siding with Colby. 

"Miss. Mathur, in my office, NOW." I spoke in my business tone. "And you, Colby, get out of my office and stop disturbing my employees." 

"Mr. Marshall, I don't think I have anything to present to you. And your daily coffee, it should be on your desk, left there from your PA." I smiled sweetly at her. She narrowed her eyes at me. You're on baby. 

"Miss. Mathur, you do as I say, because I'm the boss. If you can't obey my orders, you will get your resignation letter on your desk within an hour." 

"Kaira, would you like to have coffee with me. I'm getting a headache standing here." Colby spoke to her, ignoring me. Kaira tried to stifle a laugh. I guess I kind of looked funny with my expressions. 

"I'd love to have coffee with you, I need to take per...." 

"No, you cannot." I cut her off. She took a quick glance at me and turned to Colby again. Am I missing something here? What is wrong with them? Why are they hell bent on ignoring me. 

"Uhh, as I was saying I need permission from Sanaya. And also let her know if she can handle the work for an hour or so." She smiled at Colby and he nodded. Kaira soon left. 

I also left from there in anger, I've had enough. They cannot just ignore me like that. I stalked over to my office and banged the door open. I went over to my desk and started working on my laptop, trying to distract myself. 

Soon my door opened, I looked up to see Colby. 

"Not now, Colby. Get out." I spat. 

"I just came to inform you that we have a charity event to attend to tomorrow night. And it cannot be avoided." Did I tell you guys that Colby is also a businessman. He started from scratch and made it to the top on his own. And he usually gets the invitations to business events like these. I don't bother with that stuff. 

"By the way, are you jealous that I'm going out with your girlfriend on a date." He smirked.

"Yes, I AM. Leave before I change the structure of your face." I sneered at him.

To my disappointment he did not move, instead got his phone and was doing something on it. 

I heard a knock on my door after five minutes. Yeah, tell me about it, I was counting, since I wasn't focused on work. I was about to tell the person to leave me alone, but to my surprise it was Kaira. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"Actually I came to get Colby. We are going for coffee so. Umm would you like to have something?" She asked. 

"No." I was really frustrated. What the hell is going on?

"Sir, I also sent you an email requesting a half day. Could you please approve it? I have something personal that I need to take care of." What the.... What personal work does she wanna do? She doesn't know anyone else in New York, except Sanaya and now Colby, so what could she possibly be doing? 

"Yeah, sure." I told her. And she smiled brightly at me. I would do anything to see that smile on your face. 

They both bid bye and soon left my cabin. I laid my head on my chair and closed my eyes to calm myself down. 

Kaira's POV

I know my Drew, you are probably feeling dejected right now, but I promise I will make it better. I know I'm making you angry and I shouldn't ignore you like this. But trust me, this will be the best surprise for you. 

When Colby came to talk to me, I didn't recognized him at first but we soon started conversing. And now we are comfortable with each other. He is a really nice guy; kind and witty. Even though he says things to annoy Andrew but I know he is a very caring best friend. 

Colby told me about how they are best buddies since they were five years old. They first met in play school. This reminds of Raina, I also miss her so much. I should talk to her soon. 

Anyways back to the current situation, I am currently putting together a surprise for Andrew and I know he's going to love this. I know after this surprise, everything will be worth it. Just hold on a little more baby. You will not regret this. Oh and I also told Colby about the surprise, cause he is the only one that can help me out here. 

Surprise, here we come!

******************************

Hey Lovelies,

Sorry for the delay. I got caught up with some work and studies. But please do not stop reading my story. Have some patience. 

So what do you guys think the surprise is for Andrew? What is Kaira planning to do?

Vote & Comment.

Yours, Jay 🧡💚 :)