Chapter 26

Sorry for the late update. 

Enjoy!! :)

*************************************************

Andrew (After a long time)

Even though the setting sun with hues of purple and orange made the scene more romantic, I couldn't take my eyes away from her. She was just that beautiful and perfect for me. 

I have finally decided that I wanted to take the next step with her, in making her my wife. I've already talked to her nani, her grandma. She was really happy knowing her precious granddaughter found someone that loves her like anything. I just needed a sign from her, and I got that from her today. I was on cloud nine, literally. She's MINE, only mine. Nothing and no one can take her away from me. 

I decided now is the time. And I was every bit nervous. I'm usually very confident when it comes to work and presentation but in front of her, my nerves give up. I slowly bend down on one knee while her focus was on the horizon, and the setting sun. After a few minutes, she finally turned to me. She was frozen in her place, must be thinking about what I was doing. 

"Kaira, I've waited for this moment for a while now. I wanted spend some time with you and make you feel comfortable around me, so I first asked you to be my girlfriend. But now I think it's time. Kaira, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever met. You are selfless, kind and a very strong person. You manage to make my day by just your smile. All my tiredness seems to disappear in thin air the moment I take you in my arms. You are my solace, my whole world. And I love you so very much. I can't imagine my life without you in it. I don't know what I would do. So would you make me the luckiest man and marry me?" 

I took out the ring from the tiny box and held it out. I was freaking out from the inside. I didn't know what I would do if she said no. Stop Andrew what are you saying. My conscience scolded me. I know she wants this as much as I do. I just feel it. 

Kaira had her both hands over her mouth and I could see her eyes shiny with unshed tears. She stood speechless and every minute was killing me and dreading her answer. 

Finally she nodded her head and brought out her left hand in front of me. 

She said YES. I'm thrilled. I insert the ring on her ring finger and softly kiss it.

The moment I stood up she jumped on me. I held her tight and twirled her around. Her laughter was music to my ears. 

Finally after few minutes, we were staring at each other's eyes. Just the two of us. It was so peaceful. 

"Drew, I'm so happy. I love you. Thank you for coming into my life and making it beautiful and worth living." She spoke. 

"I should say thanks to you for coming into my boring life." We both laughed. 

"Oh Drew, I have to talk to nani about this. She will be so happy."

"Hold on. I already asked her permission before proposing to you. I know somewhere in your heart you wanted her approval before going further. So I already talked to her and she is very happy. And the greater news is we are going to India in a few days."

Her eyes with filled with tears and some even slid down her cheeks. I wiped them softly. 

"Hey, why are you crying, baby." I asked worried.

"These are happy tears. Because I have such an understanding and caring fiancé." She smiled at me. 

That's all I've ever wanted. Finally she's mine. 

Few minutes later we decided to go inside as it was getting a bit chilly. She walked over to the closet to grab her nightwear and I stood just staring at her. I couldn't get enough, I could look at her all day and never get tired. 

I slowly walked over to her and hugged her from behind. She got startled a bit and dropped her clothes. I inhaled her scent and nuzzled my nose into her neck. Her skin was soft like silk. She moaned slightly making me want to ravish her. 

"Drew, I.. I need... to change." She stuttered. She was melting in my arms as I kept kissing her neck trailing kisses down to her collar bones. I reluctantly let her go after giving her a final kiss on her temple. She smiled at me and quickly kissed me on my cheek before picking up her clothes and running to the bathroom. She is going to drive me crazy. 

After what felt like hours, she came out of the bathroom. I also changed and was sitting on the bed checking my phone when she came and stood in front of me. She was wearing one of the night gowns that I got for her, and she looked ethereal. 

I kept my phone aside and looked at the beauty in front of me. 

She shyly walked over to me, laid her head on my chest with her arms wrapped around my torso.

"You look beautiful." She smiled up at me in response. 

"You always find me beautiful no matter what I wear." I chuckled.

"Of course, even if you are..." She squealed and shut my mouth while straddling me. I laughed at her innocence. 

"Drew..." She playfully glared. 

"What? I was going to say..." She didn't let me finish.

"I know what you were going to say. You pervert." 

"You are so cute, baby. I was just teasing you. Remember I said I like seeing you all flushed." I pulled her close to me by holding the back of her neck. I kissed her slowly at first, taking my time, which soon turned into a passionate kiss. She moaned into the kiss and we finally broke apart needing some oxygen.

I kissed her forehead and we both slept in each other's arms. 

How was the chapter?? Also, will be finishing this book in a few more chapters.

Please vote and comment.