𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 ❦ 𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢

Prompt: Y/N's parents force her to go to camp over the summer

Prompt: Y/N's parents force her to go to camp over the summer. On her first day, she meets a boy who's stuck in a similar situation.

~~

"You've gotta be kidding me," Y/N muttered as she made her way to the meeting hall. Apparently, all the campers had to attend a meeting to 'start off the summer'.

Her parents had dumped her at this run-down camp all summer. The sinks didn't work and the bunk beds didn't even have mattresses. There were overgrown weeds in every corner of the camp, causing Y/N to trip multiple times since she got here.

And that wasn't even the worst part.

The camp was severely understaffed. That meant that this grades 5-12 summer camp had little kids running around everywhere.

And she was stuck here because, essentially, her parents wanted her to touch some grass. Back at home, she stayed inside most of the time. Her parents, finding this a detriment, decided it would be best to send her out to 'explore nature'.

And how was that working for her?

Not well.

She already had scrapes on her knees from tripping everywhere, and had a sore back from the bunk beds.

It's safe to say that she was already busy plotting ways to make her parent's lives hell.

Y/N stumbled through the camp with a scowl adorning her face. She was about to enter the meeting hall, but froze when something caught her eye. There was an idle figure on a nearby bench. The boy was sprawled across the surface, looking slightly uncomfortable. Despite his position, he slept soundly with a hood over his head.

Y/N stopped to contemplate for a moment.

I suppose I should wake him up for the meeting... Wouldn't want him to miss role call and get in trouble with the staff.

She snickered at that thought, wondering what the 5 underpaid staff would do to reprimand him. Taking one last glance at the meeting hall, Y/N made her way over to the sleeping boy.

"Dude, wake up!" She attempted, "the meeting is gonna start and we're late." He stirred slightly, lazily swatting at the air and mumbling something unintelligible. He did all of this... only to immediately fall back asleep afterwards.

Y/N could feel the irritation begin to rise inside of her. She did have a short temper, afterall.

Sighing, she decided to resort to violence (her specialty). She put her hands firmly on his shoulders and shook him, "Wake up, sleepy head!"

The boy's eyes snapped open as he jolted awake. His distress ceased upon making eye contact with the girl.

"You're going to miss the meeting if you stay here," she trailed off. The stranger looked her up and down before fixing himself into a normal position.

"Thanks, I guess," the boy sighed, "Honestly, I could care less about that stupid meeting."

"Why is that?" Y/N asked, hesitation present in her voice. This boy seemed to hate this camp just as much as she did.

How intriguing.

The boy raised a brow at her question. He let a sly smirk tug at his lips as he took in her curious expression.

"My parents may have forced me to be here, but that doesn't mean I have to follow the rules."

Shrugging, the boy rose from the bench and dusted off his clothes. Y/N did a double take at his height, not expecting him to tower over her.

The boy shifted his attention back to her, "The name's Yoongi. Min Yoongi."

His eyes expectantly scanned the girl, making her slightly uncomfortable.

Why's this dude staring me down like that......? It's kinda creeping me out- wAIT A SECOND, I SHOULD INTRODUCE MYSELF TOO-

"I'm Y/N L/N," she cleared her throat in embarrassment. Attempting to break the awkward atmosphere, she added, "My parents forced me to be here too, so I guess I understand where you're coming from..."

Yoongi raised a brow in surprise, "Really? Why'd they send you?"

"To be honest, I was just being a real pain in the ass," she shrugged at her reasoning. "How about you?"

"I got expelled from my sh*thole of a school... 5th time's a charm, right?"

Y/N's eyes widen in shock, He got expelled 5 times?! That's as many times as I've tripped in the last 5 minutes...

"It looks like we're both sort of stuck here, huh?" She said, bitterly smiling at the remark.

The boy let out a sigh, "Looks like it. I feel like we're going to get along well." He extended his hand toward her for a handshake.

She hesitantly looked down at Yoongi's hand before giving it a firm shake.

Y/N smiled genuinely for the first time since arriving at this miserable camp.

"I think so, too!"

TO BE CONTINUED

~~

A/N:
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! With school starting back up, I dont have as much time to write anymore. I'm trying my best, though!

I may add another chapter and make this a little series (hence the TBC).

Note [9/26/21]: It's been a while since this was published, so I came back and did some editing. I feel happier with this chapter now! Nothing has really changed, it's just more detailed (I also edited the dreadful dialogue).

Welp, I busted my ass for 14 hours straight and it's 5 AM so I should pROBABLY SLEEP NOW-

-Belle 🔔