𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 ❦ 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤

Prompt: Jungkook takes a moment to appreciate the things in his life

~~

Jungkook sat on the edge of the cliff, his feet dangling over the edge. A soft smile adorned his face as he took in the nature surrounding him. A gentle breeze jostled the boy's dark, wavy locks.

It had been so long since he had visited his favorite spot. He was always so consumed with his work, kept busy with his packed schedule. He never had much time to himself as of late.

But, he didn't let that frustrate him. This was the life he had wanted for so long, and the hard work that built up to this moment couldn't go to waste now. Yes, there was a lot of pressure on him, but the only thing to do now was continue moving forward. At least, that's how he saw things.

And now, he was simply existing in his safe place. The place that he had gone to during his debut days. The place where he was free to just think.

Today, he had come because he was overwhelmed with emotions. Thankfully, they were positive ones.

As gazed out into the distance, a warm sensation spread throughout his body. He thought about all of the love he had received from those dear to him. The boy's smile widened as he clasped his hands together, unconsciously caressing his heart tattoo.

Jungkook broke out of his daze when the sun began to set, making way for the moon. As it sunk into the horizon, beautiful streaks of orange and yellow revealed themselves. They left a golden glow on the boy's skin, making him look almost ethereal.

After a moment, the boy looked down at his watch, deducing that it was probably time to go back home. He carefully got up from the cliff and dusted off his jeans. Taking one last look at the scene, he walked away from the area. Though, the feeling of turning his back on the cliff wasn't bittersweet like previous times. Afterall, he had people he loved waiting for him back home.

~~

A/N:
HAPPY JUNGKOOK DAY!! 🎉🎊🐰🎉🎊
I was bored and decided to write this after JK's live since I had so many pent up emotions. I hope it was enjoyable, though it was a bit rushed since I had things to do afterwards. (It's also unedited, but I may come back and do that later 😔)
The inner thoughts in the third paragraph were inspired by JK's recent weverse interview. I obviously can't read his mind and don't really know how he feels about these issues, but I tried my best to portray what I understood from that interview (to be fair, I read it a while ago, so I may not have my "facts" straight!)

 I obviously can't read his mind and don't really know how he feels about these issues, but I tried my best to portray what I understood from that interview (to be fair, I read it a while ago, so I may not have my "facts" straight!)

Happy birthday, Jungkookie 🥺💜
Though I haven't been with you long, I've grown to admire you over the year that I've known you. You're one of the most hardworking and kind people that I've had the pleasure of getting to know. I hope you always remain resilient throughout the tough moments in your life.

Though you sometimes make me question my sanity with your strange antics, I can't help but smile at you through the confusion. Thank you for making me smile when no one else can. I truly appreciate all of the joy you have gifted me. Once again, have a happy birthday. Eat well, get some rest, and be happy!

-Belle 🔔

(P.S. The thing that made me question my sanity today was when Jungkook was picking up the teeth noises with his mic on V Live- idk if I even described it correctly... but I didn't know how to feel about that crap 🤡😐)