𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 ❦ 𝐓𝐚𝐞𝐡𝐲𝐮𝐧𝐠

Prompt: Taehyung goes for a drive late at night

~~

The blistering night air whisped past Taehyung's face as he drove down the road. He blinked his tired eyes at the blinding lamp posts lining the street around him. Sighing, he loosened his grip on the steering wheel. This was a strange thing for the man to do, driving around late at night. But, it was better than tossing and turning in bed for hours.

Taehyung often had trouble falling asleep at night. His mind stayed active, taunting him with exhaustion, but not the release of actual sleep. Especially now that he was on break, there were many things for him to think about. He did so as he mindlessly drove through the empty roads.

The year was coming to a bittersweet close, leaving Taehyung reflecting on his experiences. He thought about his achievements and the self growth he's undergone. Though he didn't pull through on his resolutions, he still felt somewhat satisfied with himself.

Taehyung never liked to stress over small things. Sometimes it was inevitable, but he let small decisions be made through small bouts of thought. He was a fairly mellow person in his day to day life. But, that didn't mean that he didn't push himself this year. He went outside of his comfort zone many times and was determined to achieve his goals; Whether it be writing a song or hitting a high note out of his normal range.

He had also been doing his best to communicate with his beloved fans. Taehyung didn't get a chance to very often, but that didn't mean he saw it as a chore or such. Talking to them felt like catching up with an old friend on a crisp spring day. Nostalgic and smile-inducing. For that reason, he cherished every interaction he had with them.

Yet, sometimes it was necessary for him to take some time away. It was difficult to step away from his fast paced life for a while. But at the end of the day, slower moments to accompany the quick ones were appreciated.

That's why he was driving around aimlessly, he realized. His every day had an end goal to it. This drive didn't have a discernible purpose. He was just going where his angel led him.

Apparently fate wanted him to arrive at the park. Taehyung snapped out of his zoned-out state and parked his car. Stepping out, he chuckled at the memories attached to his current location. He leaned on the hood of his car as he took in the quiet atmosphere

He remembered meeting his best friend here to make up after a fight. Then came memories of his school days and early trainee experience.

His thoughts and emotions had evolved multiple times since then. He had gone through rough patches and matured, unintentionally latching onto his inner child as he grew.

Things were so different back then, yet some things never changed.

Taehyung may have become a more complex person, but his spirit never wavered.

~~

A/N:
HAPPY TAEHYUNG DAY! 🐻🐯🎉🎊💜
I took heavy inspiration from Tae's Weverse interviews, BTS's interview with Jimmy Fallon about their school days, and Jimin and Tae's festa interview. I also was inspired by the dumpling incident. Tae's songs like 'Friends', '4 O'CLOCK', and 'Inner Child' were inspo. too! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. I know that my birthday chapters aren't the most engaging, but they come from my heart 😁

 I know that my birthday chapters aren't the most engaging, but they come from my heart 😁

Happy birthday, Tae! 💜
My earliest memory of you contains a great feeling of curiosity. I remember being intrigued at your mysterious nature and wanting to know more about you. I'm glad that I took the time to get to know your wonderful personality. I relate to you a lot, but also aspire to be like you. I admire your patience and the way you're able to nurture your inner child. Still, it's amazing how much you've grown up over the years.

Your maturity is another thing I admire about you. The way you're able to explore complex emotions in your songs is almost magical. Your music speaks to people's souls. I hope that someday I'll be able to do the same. You've achieved a lot, but still have a long road ahead of you. Thank you for all of the happiness you've given me! Rest well for the remainder of your break and live happily next year!

With lots of love,
Belle

With lots of love,Belle

P.S.
I always feel so awkward after writing these B-day notes, istg- ✋🏻💀
THIS ALSO HIGHLY UNEDITED BECAUSE I WAS RUSHING LIKE I ALWAYS AM-
Next chapter will have a love interest, I promise 🤡✌🏻

I always feel so awkward after writing these B-day notes, istg- ✋🏻💀THIS ALSO HIGHLY UNEDITED BECAUSE I WAS RUSHING LIKE I ALWAYS AM-Next chapter will have a love interest, I promise 🤡✌🏻