𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐭.𝟐 ❦ 𝐉𝐢𝐧

Prompt: Jin admires his crush from the safety of his locker

Prompt: Jin admires his crush from the safety of his locker. Though, the security he felt while hidden is interrupted by a twist of fate.

~~

RIIIIIIIIIIIING

Jin startled awake at the sound of the 7th period bell. He sleepily flinched at the pounding of footsteps down the halls, thankfully stopping mid-motion before he could bang his head. No forehead bumps for him this time around. The boy drowsily rubbed the sleep from his eyes, his mind not processing where he was for a good few seconds. Then, it all came back to him.

Instead of going to his 6th-period class, Jin had decided to take a nap in his locker. He hadn't gotten any sleep last night, staying awake to play his favorite game. His freshman self wouldn't be caught dead doing any of these things, but now that he was a senior, Jin was a bit more rebellious. At least, that's what he liked to believe. Though, his behavior was mostly influenced by Yoongi rather than his older age. Especially since he found himself napping a lot more these days.

Though, being in his locker so often definitely had its perks.

Jin listened as students passed by his hiding place, talking about their weekend plans or the latest gossip. The slam of lockers resonated in his ears and vibrated the walls of the locker beneath his fingertips. Thankfully, Jin's 7th period was just lunch, so he didn't have to worry about exiting the locker right this second. Not that he would in the first place. Surely it would draw some attention if some random, tall senior walked out of a locker like it was a regular Friday.

Though, Jin knew that he would have to get going eventually. He had been spending a lot of his recent lunch periods in his locker for... reasons. Yoongi and the other guys were starting to become concerned about him, and he didn't want them getting too curious. If they ever came to investigate the reason why he was in his locker, it was game over.

Speaking of that reason, Jin's senses heightened when the fragrant smell of strawberries wafted through the slits of his locker. The locker to the right of his let out a creaky groan as it opened. Jin shyly peeked through the slits to get a glimpse of his "neighbor". A grin rose on his lips as he dreamily sighed to himself.

**

Throughout Jin's high school years, the locker next to his was always empty. He quite liked it that way, too. He had the privacy to yell when he died in one of his games, or gasp when there was a shocking plot twist in his mangas. But one day, he had been relaxing in his locker when he sensed a presence on the other side of the door. At first, he had thought it was Yoongi, but then he realized that his friend usually took his 12:00 nap at this time. Then, who was this?

Jin warily looked through the slits in his locker, wanting to see who was lingering around for whatever reason. His eyes doubled in size as he took in the person just beyond the door.

It was a girl. Though Jin was quite awkward, it wasn't like he hadn't interacted with the girls at his school before. But Jin found this specific girl quite... pretty. He didn't recognize her and couldn't recall ever being in any classes with her. No doubt, Jin would have remembered her with the way he was gaping at her now. She had a simple type of beauty to her, the effortless kind. The kind that you just couldn't look away from.