𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐥 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 ❦ 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤

Prompt: Y/N doesn't know how to handle her chatty Geometry seatmate

~~

What the hell is he talking about?!

You resisted the urge to put your head in your hands as you listened to your seatmate. You didn't want to seem rude, yet you were beyond confused at the moment.

Said seatmate, Jungkook, was quite the attractive boy. At least that's what you thought upon meeting him for the first time. The two of you sat next to eachother during Geometry, the bane of your sophomore year. He was quite shy at first, not speaking unless prompted to. But soon he got comfortable. That's when your first impression of him devolved into one of mild irritation. Partly because of his flirting.

But mostly because of his incessant rambling.

Everyday after the teacher left students to work on their assignments, Jungkook would turn to you and just... talk. Sometimes about normal subjects and other times about strange things (like today). Usually you didn't mind it too much. Despite his never ending chatter and flirty advances, you could tell that he was a good guy. He made Geometry more enjoyable for you, becoming someone you could confide in. But, today the stories were in a whole other ballpark of weird.

Currently he was going on about how his friend got his head stuck in a bucket. Though, you weren't sure. You weren't exactly listening too closely.

Slowly, you turned to face the boy.

"Hey, Jungkook?"

Jungkook paused at the interruption, quickly abandoning whatever he had been talking about. He stared at you with wide, attentive eyes.

"Yes, Y/N?"

You sighed and gazed at him with curiosity, "Why are you telling me all of this?"

Jungkook froze, nervousness creeping into his expression. "What do you mean? I always tell you about my day."

"Yes, but every single detail isn't exactly necessary," you said, furrowing your brows. "Don't get me wrong, I don't mind you talking about yourself but..."

Jungkook's cheeks flushed pink, "But...?"

"I don't think I need to know about how you almost slipped in a mystery substance near the urinals. Or how you managed to get Chimin's head out of that bucket." You winced at the details you picked up from his earlier rambling. You didn't even know Jungkook's friend, but felt bad for him. The tactics they used to get him out if that bucket weren't exactly decent. "Those stories were a bit... TMI."

"It's actually Ji- You know what, that doesn't matter." Jungkook chuckled in embarrassment, "I suppose I may give too many details sometimes. I've always been a nervous rambler..."

Your eyes widened in surpise, "You're nervous right now?"

"I mean... yeah. You make me nervous, Y/N," Jungkook flushes a darker shade of pink. Taking a deep breath, he straightens his expression back to its usual nonchalant nature. He gives you a sly smile, "How could you not, though? Our love is like parallel lines, so close yet never able to be together. You know?"

"Did you really just use an Algebra pickup line during Geometry class?"

"...yes?"

"Why are you like this?" you roll your eyes and turn away from him. You were used to his dumb pickup-lines that usually came after embarrassing moments. The jokes themselves didn't bother you too much, it was their purpose that did. It was like he was trying to make up for his embarrassment by "acting cool". At your reaction, Jungkook was quick to revert back to his nervous demeanor.

"Hold on," he frantically says to you, "I really do like you. I just... I'm an idiot!"

Your eyes softened at his exclamation, "You're not an idiot, JK."

The corners of Jungkook's lips rose a bit, "Thanks for that, but I sort of am. Instead of just asking you out I say a bunch of stupid jokes that I learned from Jin!"

"That explains the puns," you say, playfully elbowing him. "But I would've said yes, you know."

Jungkook tilted his head in confusion, "Said yes to what?"

"If you were to ask me out," you shrug shyly, "I mean, we get along pretty well... and I like you too."

Jungkook sat back in his seat, eyes wide as he processed this new information. "Well, now I really feel like an idiot."

"Again, not an idiot. I think you're just dense-"

You were cut off by Jungkook's quick movement. Jungkook had turned to fully face you with a surge of confidence. His expression was serious and determined, yet you found it somewhat cute. "Y/N, I need to ask you something important."

"Oh?" You raised a brow jokingly in mock thought, "I wonder what that could be?"

Jungkook playfully rolled his eyes and continued, "Will you go out with me this weekend?"

You gave him a warm smile as you nodded, "I'd love to."

~~

A/N:
I was supposed to update this on valentines day but I was busy 🤡
So consider this a late gift ❤
I hope everyone had a nice valentines day! Mine was average. I was watching the clip of Hobi saying "Hi, Belle" in that one interview to make myself feel better ✋🏻

I'm somewhat being stretched thin lately. If I don't relax I think I'll implode or something so idk when I'll update next. It could be next week or next month, but I guess we'll see ✌🏻😎

-Belle 🔔