𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐬 ❦ 𝐉𝐢𝐧 & 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧

Prompt: Jin decides to lend his hat to his friend and fellow birthday boy, Soobin

~~

"OKAAAAAY-"

The boys screamed as they struggled to end their live stream, chaos ensuing. Once they were officially disconnected from Vlive, they lingered in the room for a bit longer. As Jungkook, Jimin, Hoseok, and Taehyung conversed, Jin took a moment to sit back and relax. He fiddled with the birthday cake shaped hat in his lap as he thought about his day. He was grateful for all of the love he had gotten for his birthday, having scrolled through Twitter earlier in the day.

But, he also remembered coming across some posts about another birthday. Soobin's birthday was tomorrow.

Soobin was the leader of TXT, another group under BigHit. The two groups had interacted a few times on camera, but had seen eachother often behind the scenes. They were fairly friendly with eachother and Seokjin found himself becoming fond of the younger boys.

As he continued to toy with his hat, he had a sudden thought: he should loan it to Soobin! Jin had taken the younger man under his wing, always trying his best to talk to him and such. Letting him borrow the hat would be a nice gesture (especially since Soobin had personally wished him a happy birthday).

The man wasn't blind towards Soobin's adoration towards him. He found it rather cute, in the way that you'd look at a younger sibling. So, he decided that he would lend him the hat. In fact, he would do it in person.

~~

The next day, Jin walked through the company with a mission. He knew that Soobin would be in the studio for today, recording vocals for TXT's next album.

Once he finally reached his destination, he softly knocked on the door. Inside the studio, Soobin was slightly startled by the noise. The producers and staff had the left the studio already, everyone deciding that it was time for a brief break. Soobin decided to stay in the studio since he hadn't much to do anyway. He had recently been thinking about adopting a pet as a distraction. But, he came to the conclusion that he would wait until TXT was more settled in the industry.

Rising from the couch, Soobin opened the door and was struck with surprise. There stood his favorite person: Jin. He fought back his excitement and gave the man a smile.

"Oh- Hi, Jin hyung! What brings you here?" Soobin asked, trying to keep his cool. Despite talking with Jin many times already, he still found himself a bit nervous.

"I came to say happy birthday!" Jin exclaimed, pulling Soobin into a bear hug. Soobin immediately hugged him back, wiggling in happiness at the warm gesture.

"Thanks, hyung!"

"No problem, anything for my favorite dongsaeng!"

The two continued to embrace for a few seconds before releasing each other. Jin found it amusing how sappy the situation had become, but he could care less.

"I also wanted to make a special delivery," Jin declared smiling smugly at Soobin.

"What do you mean-"

Soobin was cut off by Jin swiftly placing the birthday hat on his head.

"I want you to borrow this hat for you birthday. I trust you to keep it safe, so please put it to good use!" Jin patted his shoulder and gave him a proud smile.

"Really? I mean... are you sure?"

"I'm absolutely positive."

"Thank you for this great honor, hyung," Soobin said, jokingly shaking hands with Jin. The two shared a laugh before allowing casual conversation to flow between them. After a while, Jin noticed that his schedule was starting shortly.

"I'm afraid that I have to go now, I have a rehearsal scheduled," Jin said with a sigh, "but again, happy birthday!"

"Thank you, I appreciate you stopping by!"

The two shared one last hug before Jin exited the studio. Before he was out of hearing range, Jin yelled, "Tell your members that I said, 'hi!'"

"Will do!" Soobin yelled back, waving at his hyung enthusiastically.

As Soobin sat back down on the couch, he looked at Jin's hat fondly. The gesture only reminded him of why he admired the man so much. At times like this, Soobin truly valued his friendship with Jin.

~~

A/N:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SOOBIN, THE BIG BUNNY 🐰🎊🎉💙
I know half of y'all probably aren't interested in TXT, so I won't break out into a whole-ass speech about my love for Soobin- ✋🏻
But, I was thinking about when Jin gave Soobin his hat. I came up with this whole scenario and I had to write about it. Those boys are so cute when they interact, so I was ✨inspired✨

I've been listening to "Super Tuna" all day... I'm not okay y'all 💀
And I've been obsessing over the pictures the TXT boys posted on Twitter (the only Soobin B-day crumbs we've gotten so far 🤡).

This chapter is unedited because I rushed through this (just like the last chapter ✋🏻). I just wanted to write some quick, easy fluff.

Happy birthday to both of our boys 💜💙

-Belle 🔔