𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ❦ 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐣𝐨𝐨𝐧

Prompt: Namjoon comforts Y/N after she has a bad dream

(Note: I strongly encourage listening to the song linked above as you read)

~~

Y/N's body jolts upward in bed, sweat clinging to her body as she takes labored breaths. The small girl brings her knees to her chest in fear. Tears run down her cheeks and she frantically looked around her room, as if searching for danger. Her anxiety ceases when her eyes land on a familiar figure. She lets out a deep exhale as she observes her boyfriend's peaceful state. His chestnut hair was ruffled from sleep and his puffy face was squished against his pillow. In that moment she realizes something:

Everything was just a nightmare.

Feeling slightly less panicked, Y/N tries to steady her breathing. She lays back down and shifts slightly (as to not wake up the boy sleeping beside her). But, her attempt was futile. The movement causes her boyfriend to stir from his sleep. He cracks his eyes open, still half asleep and unaware of Y/N's distressed state. The girl brings her hand up to his hair, running her fingers through it in a soothing manner.

"Go back to sleep, Namjoonie," She tries to keep her voice steady, but can't control the slight crack that occurs. This slip of emotion is what causes her boyfriend to fully open his eyes. His face twists in concern upon seeing her tear stained cheeks. Namjoon sits up from his spot, tucking the girl into a warm embrace. She buries her head into the crook of his neck as a few tears slip from her E/C eyes.

"What happened, Love?"

Y/N stays silent for a moment, relishing in his presence. She loved everything about him. From his cute nicknames, his goofy jokes, his precious smile, and his soothing voice. She took in his scent that she loved so much: Coffee and Vanilla.

Finally mustering up her courage, Y/N lifts her head from Namjoon's neck, resting her chin on his chest. She looks up at him with wattery eyes, "I just had a bad dream. It's really nothing..." She attempts to wipe her tears, but Namjoon gently takes her hand, intertwining their fingers. With his other hand, he ever so carefully caressed her cheeks, wiping her fresh tears with the pads of his fingers.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks in a soft voice. Y/N immediately shook her head in response, not wanting to relive her haunting dream. He gazes down at her with tender eyes. His eyebrows furrow in concern as he notices her irregular breathing. So, he takes her into his strong arms once again, rocking her back and forth in calming motions. After a few moments, but begins singing a familiar tune. It was Y/N's favorite song.

"Following into the deep night
The sound of you singing
Brings the red morning
A step, and another step
The dawn passes
And when that moon falls asleep
The blue shade that stayed with me disappears"

As he finishes, he notices that Y/N's breathing has slowed to a normal pace. Her previously tense figure has relaxed a bit as she wraps herself around Namjoon's larger figure. They continue to embrace eachother for a bit longer before Namjoon shifts both of them into a laying position.

He leans down a gives her a sweet kiss in the forehead, wanting to soothe her pain even for just a second.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Joonie."

Y/N sleepily nuzzles further into her boyfriend, feeling safe in his arms. She slowly dozes off into a dreamless sleep with a warm feeling in her chest.

Namjoon, on the other hand, remains awake for a bit longer. He takes in her sleeping face with an adoring glint in his eyes. Kissing the top of her head one last time, he tightens his arms around her small frame. He lets his eyes seal shut and allows his body to sink further into the sheets. In due time, he falls asleep with a small smile on his lips.

Afterall, he had his love close to him... and he wouldn't have it any other way.

~~

A/N:
It took me 3 hours straight to write this, but I have no regrets!
The idea for this chapter came to me really suddenly. I was feeling afraid and got a lot of anxiety, so naturally I decided to play my comfort song: "Love Sight" by TXT. Whenever I feel overwhelmed with fear, I play it and it calms me down. But, as I calmed down I came up with this idea. So, I wrote up the prompt and then drafted.
I wanted to make this chapter really soft. Namjoon looked into Y/N's eyes and gazed at her a lot because it sticks with the theme of the song. Also, he sang "4 O'clock" to her... I just had to add it in because I love when he sings the chorus! It's honestly so soothing to me so I thought it fit well!
Anyways, sorry for the long A/N. I had a lot to say and explain... (Also, word count for the chapter was 708!)

-Belle 🔔