𝟓 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 ❦ 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐣𝐨𝐨𝐧

Prompt: Namjoon struggles with his inspiration

~~

The continuous thumping of Namjoon's foot echoed through the silent room. The vibrations caused a pile of crumpled papers beside him to topple over. He threw his head back in frustration, not being able to concentrate at his task.

Being assigned to write a song was never the easiest thing. He was already swamped with other work, barely able to keep his head above water as is. Yet, he knew that this song was important. He knew that it had to get done no matter what. So, why wasn't inspiration coming to him?

If he had time, he would have taken a bike ride around Seoul to gather some ideas (like he usually did). But, Namjoon had a schedule to follow. He only had this time frame to try and formulate some lyrics.

Clearly, that wasn't going so well.

Namjoon looked down at his notebook, brows furrowed in frustration. He ripped the paper out of the book and-

Knock. Knock.

He paused momentarily in confusion. Who could be knocking on his door?

Standing up from his chair, he made his way out of the room and towards the front entrance. He released a sigh before swinging open the door.

Namjoon was met with a purple envelope. It rested in front of the door, carefully placed so that he wouldn't miss it. The strange part was that the writer had seemingly disappeared. He hadn't heard any shuffling from outside of the door earlier and the streets were empty. Brushing this off, Namjoon picked up the note and tore it open. Inside was a letter.

"5 Things I Love About You:

1. Your smile. It brightens up my days, and softens my frustrations.

2. Your Laugh. It's simply contagious and impossible to ignore.

3. Your eyes. They hold the depth of 1 million stories within them.

4. Your words. They bring me comfort and help me embrace myself.

5. Your mind, my favorite thing about you. The intelligence you hold never ceases to amaze me. The way you view the world is unlike anything I've ever heard before."

Namjoon's eyes widened as he read through the letter, surprised at its contents. Never would he have expected to find such a heartwarming letter on his doorstep. By the end of the letter, a wide smile graced his lips.

He felt as if his strength was suddenly renewed. A bit of confidence bloomed inside his chest as he silently thanked whoever wrote that letter.

Turning on his heel, he made his way back into the house. He had a song to write, afterall. Though, this time he actually had a few ideas.

~~

A/N:
HAPPY NAMJOON DAY! 🐨💜🎉🎊
I decided to write another oneshot, but for Joon's birthday this time! As I thought up some ideas for it, I had so many things I wanted to convey. So, I came up with the idea of a list of things I love about him. While it's a bit cliche, all of the things listed were honest on my part. I also thought about some things Namjoon has said about songwriting while making this chapter. I remember him talking about struggling with lyrics for 'BWL', and how packed his schedule was as he wrote/produced 'Bicycle'. I took a lot of inspiration from those two V Lives.

Happy birthday, Joonie 😊💜You've always fascinated me in a way that words can't do justice

You've always fascinated me in a way that words can't do justice. Even when I barely knew anything about you, I had such great respect for you.

Whenever I feel the pressures of the world weighing me down, I think of you. Specifically, I think of your verse in 'Paradise', which brings me so much reassurance. I'm at such a vital stage in my life, and I'm so thankful that I have you as a guide. You are truly the greatest comfort the world could've gifted me. Thank you for everything. Eat well, rest well, and live well!

-Belle 🔔