Why?

Courtney's POV

The rest of the weekend I stayed with Jake and talked to him about what happened. At first it was super awkward talking to Jake about guy stuff but then I got used to talking to him about it and now we are still talking. 

" So explain your feelings toward Derek." He told me. I nodded and looked at my hands.

" Whenever i'm around him I feel happy and if you want me to be cliche I feel my feelings for him growing and now I am starting to believe that I will never stop liking him now matter what he does." I looked at him and saw his sad face. 

" How did you feel about him standing you up on the date?" He asked me.

" I felt disappointed because he acted as if he actually liked me and didn't want to just use me to get in my pants. And now I have mixed feelings about him. Mostly on if he actually likes me or not." I looked down again and got up to go to the kitchen. I went to the fridge and got a Dr.Pepper. I opened it and chugged half of it then burped really loud. Jake looked at me with a proud smile. I was different from all of the other girls. Then as we grew up we started having burping contest. And now instead of having burping contest we rate each others burps on a scale of 1-10 based off of how long and loud it was. ( A/N My best friend and I actually do this but she only my burps cuz I burp a lot. Carry on.) 

" Well obviously, it's because of you that I am called a nerd and a freak but you kind of helped me with hiding my identity and all." We laughed together and saw a car pull up in the drive way. We looked at eachother confused. We walked over to the door and looked out both of the windows. I sighed when I noticed that it was Derek. 

" Well it took him long enough. I thought he would have come a little earlier. Well I'm going upstairs so you to can talk. Have fun." I looked at him with disbelief. I can't believe my only cousin/brother would leave me like this. 

I snapped out of my thinking by the door bell ringing. I opened the door to see Derek in all of his glory. We just kind of stood there staring at each other. I sighed and broke contact with him.

" Derek, what are you doing here?" I asked him. He looked at me with regret in his eyes. 

" I came to apologize. I swear I tried my hardest to get there on time but my dad made me do something for him and when I got to the restaurant you were already gone. I swear Courtney I tried to make it in time. Even ask the hostess. She even looked at me with sadness. Once I knew that you weren't there I flipped 2 tables and ran out to my car. I drove here and went to your window but you were asleep. I tried calling you and texting you but you weren't answering. " I looked at him with sadness showing on my face.

" Derek why couldn't you just text me on Friday saying that you were going to be late. I would have stayed there and waited for you." He looked at me while scratching his neck. 

" I kinda thought that you would want some space. Like other girls do." I looked at him like he was crazy.

" Derek I thought I told you that i'm not like most girls." He nodded. 

" I know and it was stupid of me to do that to you and I just want another chance for me to take you on a date. And this one wont have any interruptions. So what do you say?" I looked at him for a while until I finally felt myself nodding. I watched his face morph into a huge smile. I laughed. He hugged me and spun me around. When he put me down he kissed me on the cheek. When he noticed what he did his face turned into a tomato. 

" Sorry." I laughed.

" It's ok." I kissed him on the cheek.  

" I should probably go." I nodded and walked him out the door. I waited till I couldn't see his car anymore.

Once I got inside I ran up to Jake's room. I knocked and waited for him to reply when he did I barged in. I jumped onto his bed.

" So what made you so happy." I laughed at his sarcasm.

" He explained why he wasn't there and why he was late and everything then he asked me for another chance then when I said yes he kissed me on the cheek. Then I kissed him on the cheek and he was so cute because he blushed so hard after he kissed me in embarrassment." I sighed after I said that. 

" Then when is your date?" I shrugged and at that moment I got a text.

From: Derek

I will pick you up Thursday night at 7.

Night Nerd ;) 

" My date is this Thrusday." Jake laughed and smiled at me.

" Good for you cuz. So now that he is gone wanna play some COD?" I nodded and spent the rest of the night with my brother playing video games. Thinking about my date on Thursday.

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

Hey guys I know that this is such a late update but I am in music and so my life is kinda busy right now so yea. I hope you guys like this chapter. See you guys next week.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW